Chapter 20

I had gotten ready all morning long, waited for an hour, had an hour for lunch, but now we were just waiting for the finalization of the adoption. I had been released from the hospital yesterday, but barely got any sleep all night last night, so I was leaning on Liam’s shoulder trying to get some rest. Not much happened in the past two weeks. Liam and Danielle semi-made up, they just fight a lot more then they used to. She hasn’t been to the house since then, either. 

Harry hasn’t returned yet, either. Its scaring me, i’m starting to think that something more is up with him then what I know. I called him the other day to tell him I was getting out of the hospital and he seemed excited for me, and he said that he misses me, so i’m wondering why he hasn’t came back yet. 

“Whats going on in that little mind of yours?” Liam asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. “Not knowing is never a good thing. What’s going on?” 

“I’m worried Harry’s doing something stupid behind my back because he’s not here.” I said to him. Liam laughed at me. “You asked.” I muttered. 

“He’s only with his family, calm down. He’s been texting us all everyday asking how your doing. If anything, he’ll be coming back soon now that your out. I know it.” Liam said to me, overly confident. He knows something I don’t. 

“What do you know that I don’t?” I asked him immediately.

“Nothing, and if I did, I wouldn’t tell you.” He said, smirking. I groaned. “Save it.” 

“Hello guys!” My social worker said, coming out of the courtroom. “I’m happy to announce that you are no longer Katelyn Marie Wilson, you are now Katelyn Marie Payne. Congratulations you two.” she said smiling. She shook Liam’s hand and mine, and we left the building. I figured out how to change my Twitter name on my phone and figured I should change it to KatiePaynex instead of KatieWilsonx.

“Katie? I still want to know if its okay to move out of the flat. A new one right next to them went up, and it would be perfect for us.” Liam said to us as we got in the car, being driven to lord knows where. “Except Danielle still wants to move in.... I want your permission first.”

“You don’t need my permission. I’m the one who asks you for things.” I said to him. He laughed.

“I know... but through all of that, I think you deserve an opinion on this first. Your room could be on the opposite end of the flat, so you don’t have to see her. She’s been telling me lately that she wants another baby and she still wants to live with me.” he explained to me. 

“Honestly, if she makes you happy go for it. Don’t let me stop you. Personally, when she acted like she liked me, I loved her.” I told him. 

“She does like you. She’s explained it a million times to me in the past two weeks. She was just really mad I guess about loosing the baby and she didn’t know what she was saying.” he said to me. 

“I’ll believe it when she tells me.” I said to him. I looked down at my phone and saw Twitter notifications from each of the boys, excited that my name was now changed.