Chapter 6

I was sleeping soundly, happy in my own little world, when suddenly I was shook out of my sleep.

“KATIE WAKE UP ITS FIVE IN THE MORNING!” Louis yelled, jumping on my bed. I groaned at him as he continued to jump. Soon later the jumping stopped and somebody sat down next to me. I guess it was probably Liam because any of the other boys would be jumping as well.

“Katie, come on its time to get up.” Harry’s voice said to me in my ear. I was surprised it was Harry, because I would have guessed he would have liked to be annoying and jump all around all over my bed. 

“Why five in the morning? Why do I have to go?” i groaned. 

“Get out! Ugh, Katie, they’re being annoying. Go back to bed, your all set.” Liam scolded. “Just because Simon wants you two there early doesn’t mean the whole damn house has to be awake!”

“Forever being Daddy Direction, poor Katie.” Louis mumbled as they were kicked out. Somebody stayed behind, but I couldn’t tell who it was because there was no talking and I was trying to fall back asleep. It was a couple of minutes before somebody else came in also, so by then I could well act like I was.

“Liam, why were they screaming?” Danielle asked quietly. 

“Because they had to wake up, and they were being annoying and trying to wake up Katie. Just go back to sleep babe, i’ll be there in a second.” Liam said next to me. 

“Why did you take her?” Danielle asked. Everything was quiet, and seemed like it was all still. 

“It was the right thing to do. My mum always said to me that there comes a time in your life when your able to do something so spectacular, that only you can understand the feeling you get when it happens. At first, I thought it was getting placed into the band. But now, I know that its this. I knew this would be the right thing to do, i’ve known her my whole life, i had to.” Liam explained to her. Everything was quiet, and I knew that Danielle was probably mad. He leaned over and kissed me on the forehead before he left, telling Danielle they should go back to sleep, and once that happened I fell back asleep soon later. 

*****

When I woke up again later on, it was quiet in the house. I could still hear snoring coming from Niall’s room next to mine, and thats about it. I looked over at the time and saw that it was now almost noon time. I thought that I should get out of bed since i’ve already wasted half of my day. I changed and got dressed first into some shorts and a lace-back tank top with my gladiator sandals that Eleanor had bought me. I tied my hair in a messy bun and took one last good look at myself before leaving to go downstairs. 

“... so therefore, i conclude, that I am going to stop smoking. If i don’t Katie might get hospitalized, and that won’t be good. Liam will kill me.” Zayn concluded. I walked in slowly, unsure of who he was talking to at first. 

“Wow Zayn, that was well thought out.” Danielle said. I mentally groaned as I continued to walk into the kitchen and sat down next to Zayn.

“You missed it, I gave this whole thought out speech about why I should quit smoking!” Zayn said to me excitedly. I laughed at his enthusiasm as Liam placed a cup of tea in front of me. 

“I heard the end, and I think its good your gonna quit. You’ll be much healthier, and I won’t have to see the inside of a hospital again. We both win.” I said to him. Somebody hugged me from behind, and i jumped a mile, not knowing who it was. 

“Hey princess!” Niall said to me to happy for morning. I laughed at him as he kissed me on the cheek and went for his morning tea.

“Uh...” Zayn started.

“I have no idea either, i’m as clueless as you are.” I said to Zayn, sipping my tea. Liam was giving Niall a dirty look as he jumped around the kitchen happily. Danielle’s eyes burned through me, I could feel them.

“Its bad enough Harry’s after her, now i’ve got you too?” Liam said to him. I could feel my face turning red.

“Aw, little Katie’s turning red at the mention of Harry!” Zayn said. I tried to hide my face and continue to sip my tea. The door opened as Zayn was still laughing and in came Louis, Harry, and Eleanor.

“Look at how red she is! Oh man, what happened?” Louis asked us. I finished the last bit of my tea before Zayn could explain and ran out and back upstairs into my room. I shut the door behind me and sat down at my desk and turned on my computer. I turned on my phone and then soon later there was a knock at my door. Before I could ask who it was, Eleanor and Danielle walked straight into my room.

“You need a girl talk, clearly.” Eleanor said to me. “Come on, you can tell us.” she said to me. I was unsure of wether or not I should spill out everything in front of Danielle, as I know she doesn’t like me very much. 

“Um...” I started. How would I start this?

“I have to go now, i’ll text you later El.” Danielle said suddenly, getting up and leaving the room. Eleanor hounded me to tell her everything that happened, so I did. 

“First we went to the London Eye and we rode that all the way to the top, and he showed me around London from the top. Once that was over he took me to Nandos - all of these boys have an addiction to that stuff - and we had a good time sitting there. Then we walked in the park for a bit and we held hands after a while and sat down on the grass and talked some more. It was a day full of talking basically, and I loved every second of it. Eleanor, I don’t know whats going on, i’m falling for Harry hard. What am I gonna do, i live with him and Liam’s gonna get all protective and flippy on him, and me!”

“Calm down Katie. It seems like you seriously like Harry. He seriously likes you too, I can tell. I think the two of you should spend time together and get to know each other better still. That means we have to join everybody down stairs.” She said to me, pulling me up and down the stairs. She then threw me down on the couch, sitting down next to me. I discovered she had thrown us between Louis and Harry, and I was next to Harry. She slid onto Lou’s lap and Harry cuddled me next to him a little more. 

“Liam’s getting ready for a session, what are we gonna do today?” Harry asked me. I looked up at him and gave him a look. “I mean, if you want to hang out with a loser like me.” he said.

“And losers like us, because we have nothing better to do either.” Eleanor said to me. 

“I’d love to spend the day with you losers.” I said to them as they all laughed. We decided that we would go shopping. Liam tried to shove money down the throat of the guys to pay for me, but they refused to take it, so then he gave it to me, knowing that any typical 16 year old isn’t going to refuse money of any kind. 

“We will have an us day soon, i promise.” Liam said to me before he left us. Once he left, I packed a purse up and met up with them all downstairs, and we left to the shops.