Chapter 4- Mates

There is Kiley. Or close enough anyway.
**************************
**(Blaire's POV)**
So here I am again. Running through these damn woods. I can now hear feet behind me. Its far off. They're following my scent. I take a sharp right. I should shift but my scent would be stronger. The last thing I need right now is for my scent to be more powerful. I need to find Kayden. He'll know what to do.
I keep running when I smell him again. That euphoria that is his scent. My wolf is screaming at me to turn around but I can't. I hear his steps get closer, and closer. I'm suddenly grabbed. Hands go around my waist sending shocks throughout my body. I feel myself falling but at the last second he turns so I land face first on his hard chest. I squeeze my eyes shut. I can't look. I won't.
I can feel his stare on me. It's taking everything from me not to look.
He sits up and I'm sitting on his lap. Everywhere we touch I feel sparks. It makes me crave more. I feel him shift a little under me.

"Hey, open your eyes." His voice sounded in my ear.

I think I just died. My heart stopped at his voice. It was so God-like. I wanted to hear more but shoved it down. I have to keep a hold of myself. I can't fall for just some guy.
I shake my head. I can't look. It'll strengthen what little bond we have.

"Please? It's rude to not look at someone when they speak to you." He says. I can tell he wants to see me, hear my voice. But I can't go that easily.
I shake my head again.

"Damnit. Open your eyes and use your voice." He snaps.
Then it hit me. He's an Alpha. I can feel the power rolling off him. It also explains why he's so upset I'm not listening.
I open my eyes but stare down. I won't look at him.
He sighs and gently pulls my head up with his finger under my chin. We lock eyes.
His gorgeous blue eyes lock with my hazel ones. He's hot. His black hair is slightly messy but styled nicely. It looks as though he had ran his hand through it. He is well built. Not huge. But just the right amount of muscle.
I then realize not only was I checking him out. He was checking me out as well.
I try to get up but the grip he has on my hips won't budge. It's gentle but firm.

"Why do you keep trying to run from me?" He asks.

I can see the hurt in his eyes. His gorgeous blue eyes. Get a hold of yourself Blaire! You don't want or need a mate. My wolf growled at that last part.

"Can you talk?" He asks. I nod my head. "Will you?" He asks sounding confused. I shake my head. "Why?" He asks again, sounding hurt. I stay silent for a while, until his Alpha comes out a little because of a wolf not answering his questions. "Damnit! Just talk to me!" He demands.

I shake. His tone scared the shit out of me. "I-I need t-to go." I stutter out.
He pauses, I take this little time that he's in shock to scramble up and run. I immediately jump into my shift and my wolf takes my place. She's a pure white wolf with black paws, along with the tips of her ears and the tip of her tail. She begs me to turn around. I just remind her what happened last time we put trust in someone. It never ends well. Its just asking to get hurt.
I zoom through the woods. I catch scent of Kayden and immediately turn in that direction. I can feel him behind me. He's not happy. I can tell that much. I keep running and find Kayden. He is walking with a girl through the woods towards our house. I immediately jump behind a tree and shift putting my outfit from my bag on. I run up to Kayden and rush out my words clinging to him.
"Kayden! you have to help me I found my mate and I need to hide he's an Alpha and I may have made him mad!"
Kayden lets out a growl. I can tell he's not thrilled. He hugs me.

"He won't take you. I got you ok?" He whispers in my ear. I nod my head and just when I was going to ask who the girl is he was talking to but, I feel him near us. He is in human form with just basketball shorts on. My wolf howls inside of me. I push her back. Now's not the time. Never will that happen.
Kayden growls and stands in front of me. I hug his back and hear him growl. I feel my knees go a little weak at the sound.

"Give me my mate." I hear him demand.

"Not a chance." Kayden replies.

"You're going to wish you'd have never said that." He threatens.

I hear steps coming closer and I start to freak out. Kayden lets out a deep growl. I hear the Alpha send a fierce one right back. Then suddenly Kayden is ripped away from me and thrown into a tree. I growl. The only one allowed to throw my brother around is me.
I hear the girl scream. "No!" She yells.

"I warned you." Growled the dick that hurt my brother.

I run and punch him as he was walking towards Kayden. It was hard enough for his head to turn. I turn towards Kayden and see him standing up. The girl runs to him and hugs him. I turn back to my furious 'mate'.

"Never. Hurt my brother." I growl.

A look of realization passes over him. Then he does something none of us expected. He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. Then he runs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok so heres a large chapter for your enjoyment. Still dont know who mystery man is but getting closer.