Chapter 16- Long Talks

I shot up from my sleep. I panted slightly as I look around to find I'm alone in bed. It has been 2 months since I got back and everything is going well. Dakota and Jackson share the Beta title. Liam and me mated last week. It was amazing. I've never felt so loved in my life.
Dakota has his own house now. He lives about a mile east of the packhouse and a mile west from here. He still comes over whenever I make breakfast.
I look at the clock and notice its noon. Liam must be at his office. I wonder if he stayed at his home office or his office building.
I get up and walk to the bathroom jumping into the shower. I walk out and blow dry my hair. I stand in the mirror and take out my fake contacts revealing my bright blue eyes and sigh in the relief my eyes feel. I haven't seen these eyes since I put these in. Dakota, Kayden, and Dad have brown hair and green eyes while me, Thea and Mom had blonde hair and blue eyes. I stare at my reflextion for a while. I taught myself to avoid mirrors. I never have anything good to say about it. I'm to fat, my eyes are dull, my hair is to flat. All in all I hate myself.

"Your eyes.." I hear Liam behimd me and quickly rush to put my contacts back in.
"No, stop let me see!" He rushes and grabs my wrists.
He stares in my eyes while I wait for him to tell me how awful they look.
"Why do you cover these up? They're goregous." He states, his eyes never leaving my own.

"They remind me too much of her." I state looking down.

"What happened?" He asks.

"No one knows. She just disappeared during a rogue attack." I say with sadness as the memory repeats in my head.

"That isn't your real hair, color is it?" He asks and I shake my head. "Please don't hide those eyes. I love them."

"I hate my reflection as is, Liam. These eyes just make looking in the mirror more painful." I say sitting on the bed, looking at my hands in my lap.

"What was Thea like?" He asks sitting by me.

I look off in my own world drifting off thinking about her.

"She was smart...hell she was a fricking genius! She was always shy though... She was....the best part of me... We were polar opposites. I was bubbly and happy, always. We had this birth mark, it was different bettween us. In fact it was the only difference other than personality. Hers was a ship steering wheel and mine was an anchor. We never showed anyone except Dakota....not even Kayden. Don't get me wrong Kayden loved us and we loved him but we were always closer to Dakota.... We'd sneak off all the time to see him. Of course even back then life was rough even with Thea. People hated us, and I had to protect Thea....had to....so I took most of it....Then that day....I couldn't....... I failed her...." I trail off until I feel sparks on my cheeks.

I hadn't realized I was crying until I noticed Liam wiping my tears.

"She'd be proud of you ya know?" He said softly.
I smile but shake my head.
"I'm still the useless dumb girl she always knew...."

He growled and pulled me close. "You are not! You are brilliant and brave."

I don't say anything not wanting to argue. I sigh...I miss Thea.....

Heyyy long time no see! Sorry short chapter but not really knowing where this is going.... so Bye~