✴1✴

The first time Jimin comes out to his
mom, he’s fourteen, and she laughs.
The second time Jimin comes out to his mom, he’s sixteen, and she pats his shoulder affectionately, smiles as though he’s just told her a great joke, and says, “Of course you are, sweetie.”
He’s never heard anything more condescending.

The third time Jimin comes out to his mom, he’s recently eighteen, and he swears he can see her roll her eyes when he says it.

“Why won’t you take me seriously?” If Jimin wasn’t so annoyed, he might recognize the whine in his voice as the culprit.

“I just think you’re too young, and you don’t have enough experience, especially with dating. How could you possibly know you’re gay? Maybe you’re just - ”

“I have a boyfriend,” Jimin blurts, interrupting. His mother looks equal parts shocked and suspicious. Jimin is as surprised as she is.

“Oh?” she starts, narrowing her eyes at Jimin, watching his hands to see his fingers start twitching the way they always do when he lies. Jimin clenches his hands into tight fist and smiles weakly. “When do I get to meet him?”

“Next week,” Jimin answers quickly, too quickly, acting entirely on impulse, “I’ll bring him for dinner.”

His mother looks pleased. The only problem is, Jimin doesn’t actually have a boyfriend.

“What am I gonna do?” Jimin groans, lying face first on the, hopefully clean, floor of his best friend’s bedroom, “I told my mom I have a boyfriend. I told her I’d bring him for dinner. In a week.”

You got a boyfriend? What the fuck? You didn’t tell me?” Jihoon rolls over in his bed to give Jimin a dirty look.

No, that’s the whole problem!” Jimin cries, “What am I supposed to do?”

Fake a breakup?” Jihoon suggests, propping his face up in his hands while Jimin rolls onto his back so he can scowl at his best friend.

“That’s too suspicious,” Jimin replies, shooting down the idea.

“Get a boyfriend?”

sorry I know this sucks but this is the first time I'm actually posting a book but this one is old  I'm a better writer now I promise😂😂😂😂 I just wanna see if I like do this.....