*2*

Jihoon tilts his head, squinting at Jimin’s face. He stares at him for longer than comfortable and then drags his gaze from Jimin’s eyes, down to this feet and back up, “You’re cute.”

“I’ve been gay for eighteen years and cute has done nothing for me yet, I don’t think that’s going to suddenly turn around in a week,” Jimin argues, splaying his hands flat across his abdomen, glancing towards his feet while he pushes lightly at his stomach as if that will magically make him hot instead of cute.

“Get a fake boyfriend!” Jihoon jumps up, shifting positions so he’s crouched on all fours, watching Jimin intently from over the edge of his bed, alight with excitement.

“Who?” Jimin monotones, none of Jihoon’s enthusiasm reaching him.

“I don’t know.”

“You could do it?” Jimin tries, pushing himself up by his forearms, holding up his torso with his elbows still resting on the ground, hands sliding towards his hips.

“No way. It’d be too obvious, and, you wouldn’t be allowed to stay over anymore,” Jihoon rejects the idea, placing his chin back his hand, tapping his lower lip with his finger as he tries to think.

“You’re right,” Jimin groans again, falling back so he’s laid out flat. His eyes fall shut as he expels a long sigh, resigning himself to telling his mom the truth and having her believe he’s straight until the day he comes home with a husband and probably, like, four adopted kids, or something.

“Hey, I know!” Jihoon exclaims, and Jimin can hear the squeaking of springs from Jihoon jumping excitedly on his bed.

“What?”

“My brother’s gay!”

Jimin opens one eye in surprise, looking to see if Jihoon is messing with him. He looks serious.

“Really?” Jimin doesn’t mean to sound so wary, but he’s been over almost every day for as long as he can remember and he’s never seen Jihoon’s brother with anyone, let alone a boyfriend, and Jihoon has been upset about the strained sibling relationship he’s had with his brother since it started when they were ten.

“Yeah, I caught him kissing boys behind the house, like, four times when he was in high school!”

Jimin sits all the way up this time, shock written on his face. His surprise has two origins, the idea of Jihoon’s brother making out with boys in the backyard, and what Jihoon is trying to suggest, “You want me to date your brother?”

“Gross,” Jihoon sticks his tongue out, making several disgusted (and disgusting) sounds before he explains, “I want you to fake date him.”

Jimin snorts, “You really think he’s going to do that? For anyone? Especially me?”

“It’s not like he has anything else better to do.”

“He doesn’t even like me,” Jimin points out.

“You never know unless you try,” Jihoon sings, flopping backwards onto his bed.

“Yeah, I guess.”

Another  really bad chapter why am I still writing this *welp*