*14*

Jimin isn’t sure what time it is when he wakes up, but, it’s dark, there’s something still playing on the TV, he’s on the floor, and someone is touching him.

He immediately snaps his eyes shut and pretends to still be asleep, worried there’s an intruder, or something, checking his pockets for a wallet. Jimin holds his breath as something heavy and soft lands across his body. Moments later, he feels a pair of lips touch his skin.

His eyes pop open when they kiss his cheek, and he sees, thankfully, that it was just Yoongi, and he’s been covered with the really soft comforter that Yoongi keeps on his bed even when it’s hot.

A foreign feeling seizes Jimin’s chest and makes it hard to breathe for a second. He peeks over the edge of the blanket Yoongi pulled up, snug and warm around his shoulders, the feeling of the gentle kiss Yoongi pressed against his cheek bone lingering. Luckily, Yoongi has his back to Jimin, so he doesn’t know he’s been caught.

Jimim watches Yoongi give the same treatment to Jihoon, tucking the blanket Jihoon had kicked around so much it tangled around his ankles up and around his body, before Yoongi gives his brother a short kiss on the forehead.

Yoongi walks carefully to flick off the tv still quietly playing the sounds of a movie menu screen, and Jimin opens his eyes all the way to see that it’s three in the morning. His gaze follows Yoongi to see him pull on his shoes and shut the door so gently, Jimin wouldn’t have known he was leaving if he wasn’t watching the older boy drag the door shut at a painfully slow speed.

The strange feeling returns full force, and the pleasant heat that floods through his chest and stomach is far warmer than any blanket Yoongi could’ve covered him with.

Jimin faces the ceiling after several minutes of staring at the door that Yoongi had just exited through, wondering what any of it means. He doesn’t even realize morning has come until Jihoon kicks at his side at nine and asks how long he’s been awake.

Jimin doesn’t know when touching Yoongi became so familiar, so natural, that he does it without thinking about it, but they’ve hit that point.

When Yoongi arrives at his empty house, Jimin greets him at the door to hug him tight around the waist and kiss him on the cheek. Yoongi doesn’t say anything about it being weird, so Jimin doesn’t realize it was unnecessary until far later in the day, when his mom and dad return and Yoongi is already long gone and she asks if he had fun on his date.

It wasn’t even supposed to be a date, Jimin thinks to himself as he tells her, honestly, that it was a great day. Yoongi and him were, really, just hanging out. As he remembers it, he starts to think maybe it was a date, or at least too close to one for comfort.

Yoongi brought snacks and his favorite movie that he really wanted Jimin to see for some reason and they’d laughed and talked so much through the first hour, Yoongi made him restart it three different times to see scenes they had missed. Even though they were alone, for some reason, the two boys still cuddled together on the middle seat on the couch for the entire film. Yoongi had his arm across Jimin’s shoulders the entire time, keeping him pulled in close while Jimin kept his and Yoongi’s legs crossed at the thigh, one of his legs hanging between Yoongi’s. At one point, Jimin recalls, they were even holding hands.

It wasn’t a date, really, and Jimin’s parents had been gone the entire time, and Jimin hadn’t expected them home. He isn’t sure how he and Yoongi just fell into snuggling without realizing it, but Jimin’s sure Yoongi didn’t notice what they were doing either. He doesn’t think Yoongi would want to touch him, friendly or not, without being forced.

Jimin finds himself smiling, as he remembers watching the end of the movie, his head against Yoongi’s chest as he watched, Yoongi’s head resting on his as he napped, nearly every part of their bodies touching - innocently - and making a pleasant warmth heat Jimin’s skin and stomach and heart.

He has the off-hand thought that Yoongi makes his heart feel like it’s smiling, and then, immediately after, the thought that maybe things have gone too far, and maybe they need to stop before it can go any further
A boy (that isn’t Yoongi) asks Jimin on a date (a real one).

He says yes.

It goes pretty well.