*10*

Jimin’s phone beeps with a text at two thirty in the morning and he’s just awake enough to open it. It’s hours after the show and he’d gone out for a big celebratory dinner with his mother and Yoongi, and once the adrenaline and excitement wore off, once he was back home, he was nothing but exhausted. He glances at the door like his mom might burst in and see that he still has Yoongi’s number saved under, “dumb jerk”. Quickly, Jimin goes into the contact and edits it to, “babe”. After looking at it for a few seconds, he blanches, and changes it a second time to “boyfriend” before opening the message.

BABE YOON YOON: was that your first kiss?
read 2:32
                      JIMIN:You could tell???
                       read 2:32

Boyfriend: yeah.
 Boyfriend:you were so awkward.
Boyfriend:very stiff.
Boyfriend: pinched my side really hard.
Boyfriend: spit on my chin a little.
Read 2:34
                    JIMIN:HYUNG!!! I GET IT!!!
                    JIMIN:X.X
                     read 2:34

Boyfriend:maybe you need a little practice.
read 2:35
                                    JIMIN:with you???
                                       read 2:35
Boyfriend:
don’t have any other options, do you?
read 2:35
    Boyfriend:hello??
read 2:47                                              

Boyfriend: i’m just teasing
Boyfriend:you were fine
read 2:47
                                            JIMIN:really?and sorry Mom called me 😊
read 2:50

Boyfriend: yeah and its fine
read 2:51
                      JIMIN:well, you were terrible
                              Read 2:53

Boyfriend:asshole 😂
read 2:53
                                 JIMIN:😜
                                 Delivered 2:54

Jimin grins at his phone and asks Yoongi if he’s at work. When he gets a response in the affirmative, he sends another text asking how it’s going, but, he falls asleep smiling before he ever gets a chance to see Yoongi’s reply.

Jimin glances up, over the back of the couch, just in time to see his mom, laughing, bumping her hip into Yoongi’s as they stand at the counter together, cutting vegetables. She’d invited Yoongi over for dinner again, without consulting Jimin, and he’d arrived home from the dance studio to find them cooking together.

It’s just a few days shy of what, should be, their second month together. Technically, they’ve only been faking for about a month, and it’s the exact day they should probably be breaking up, but, Yoongi is cooking with his mom and Jimin can hear Yoongi laughing, sounding happier than Jimin thinks he’s ever heard from Yoongi before. Sometimes Jimin can make Yoongi laugh like that, but most of the time, it’s at his expense.

The laughter dies out, but the two of them are talking. Jimin can’t quite hear what’s being said, even when he leans really far over the edge of the couch to try. He can see Yoongi blushing and smiling shyly at his mom, though, and he watches his mom laugh excitedly and ruffle Yoongi’s hair. He’s surprised when Yoongi doesn’t seem bothered by her actions.