*18*

Jimin’s slumped on the couch when his mom says it. The dance studio is temporarily closed, he’s practiced so much he can barely feel his legs anyways, Jihoon is busy, he can’t talk to Yoongi anymore, his dad is at work, none of his friends from the studio are free either. His mom is a viable option for hanging out, but she’s also cleaning, so if Jimin says anything about being bored, she’s probably going to make him tackle the bathroom with or without her.

“It’s okay, sweetie,” his mom comforts as she passes, ruffling his hair with a gloved hand, “I know how much you loved him, but, you’ll feel better soon.”

“Who says I loved him?” Jimin grumbles, swatting her dirty glove away from his head. His mom laughs at him and flicks his cheek instead, leaning over the back of the couch.

“It seemed obvious to me,” she says, “maybe I was wrong. Maybe you’ve been sulking around all month for no reason.”

Jimin just huffs and crosses his arms back over his chest, staring at the wall. She laughs at him again and begins to hum, leaving him alone.

She passes back through twenty minutes later, and Jimin asks, “What if it was all pretend?”

“What?”

“Me being in love with Yoongi.”

His mom laughs at him for a third time, “You’re not that good of an actor.”

Jimin thinks she might be right

Jimin knows that Yoongi gave Jihoon the okay to invite him back over, but he still feels awkward and nervous as he steps up to the door. He’s not sure what it’s going to be like to see Yoongi, or how he should act, and, oh my god, what if he opens the door? Jimin doesn’t know what he’s going to do. He actually sighs in relief when Jihoon is the one that lets him in, smiling excitedly and giving him a friendly punch on the shoulder right before pulling him into a quick hug.

“Finally! I haven’t seen you in forever!”

“You were over four days ago,” Jimin points out as he follows Jihoon inside.

“Yeah, but, your room doesn’t have air conditioning and it’s disgusting,” Jihoon replies, looking away from Jimin as he climbs the stairs.

Jimin stops at the bottom step for a moment, getting distracted by the sight of Yoongi asleep on the couch. While he knew that Yoongi did, in fact, live with Jihoon, he hadn’t anticipated seeing him so quickly. Normally, Yoongi is out or locked up in his room. Other than at family dinners, Jimin rarely saw him around the house, even when they were fake dating and close friends. There was a specific division of Jihoon and Jimin and Yoongi and Jimin and when Jimin was with Jihoon, Yoongi was, most often, off on his own.

Yoongi looks beautiful when he’s asleep, as Jimin had long since realized, but seeing it now brings back a rush of feelings that Jimin thought were gone. It’s strange. He’s experienced them all, at different times in varying intensities, but it’s the first time he understands, and fuck-

“Hey,” Jihoon calls from the landing, “are you coming?”

Jimin looks up at Jihoon in surprise and nods. He spares one last glance at Yoongi before jogging up the stairs and into Jihoon’s room.

They’re in there for only a few minutes before Jimin bursts, “I think I’m in love with your brother.”

Jihoon doesn’t seem shocked or bothered by the statement, just keeps toying with the game in his hands, “Maybe you should tell him that, instead of me.”

That idea had not occurred to Jimin.

“Really? I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“He didn’t come home crying after your fake break up for nothing,” Jihoon doesn’t call Jimin an idiot, but his eyes are saying it loud and clear.