Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Amy's POV

"Holy fuck Jonah is hot! How was the date? Why didn't you want to go on it if he looked like that? Did you kiss again? Are you going out again? Fuck me if you don't I will!" Farah squealed as soon as I closed the door behind me.

"Farah, shouldn't you be at home by now?" I asked as my eyebrows pulled together into a frown.

"Yeah but once I saw how hot he was I wanted to stay to find out how your date went," she explained.

I just shook my head and rolled my eyes as I slipped off my shoes and shuffled into my living room area.

"So?" She encouraged when I didn't respond.

"It was good," I shrugged as I slumped down onto the sofa.

"That's all you are going to say? I want some details Amy Stone!" She scolded as she took the seat next to me on the sofa.

"Okay you want to know how it really was?" I asked, but I didn't even bother to wait for her response before continuing, "It was perfect. He was perfect. He was sweet, polite and a gentleman. We flirted. We chatted. We laughed - because damn he was funny. The whole night was amazing." I sighed as I rested my head back onto the sofa.

"What's wrong Amy? Why is that such a bad thing?" Farah said soothingly, sensing my disappointment.

"I can't. I promised my brother," I whined.

"But if your brother saw how happy he makes you he wouldn't care," Farah tried to reassure me.

"But what if we try and it doesn't work? What if I mess it up and that ruins Jonah and Jamie's friendship? It's only been one date, there is no guarantee that it'll work out," I explained.

The truth was I was looking for excuses. I knew Jonah was special but I was scared. I was scared of having my heart broken. I was scared of being hurt. I was scared that I would fall in love because I knew that if Jonah and I tried, I would. I could just see it happening.

"But you really like him, huh?" She asked gently rubbing my shoulder.

"I don't know. I think so." I mumbled.

"Then talk to Jamie," she replied and I knew she was right. I needed to talk to Jamie.

*--*

Jonah's POV

I woke up to a incessant ringing. I groaned as I slid out of bed and grabbed my phone.

"Hello," I groaned into the phone without checking the caller ID.

"Jonah?" Jamie's jolly voice chirped from the other end of the phone.

"Jamie? Why are you calling me so early?" I whined as I collapsed back onto my bed.

"It's five to eleven man," Jamie chuckled.

"Exactly," I moaned.

"Look are you free tonight?" Jamie said getting straight to the point.

"Not if you are just going to ditch me for some chick," I teased.

"Nah one better, dinner with my parents?" Jamie laughed.

"They want me to come?" I asked dubiously.

"Yeah they want to see you," Jamie explained.

"Is Amy going to be there?" I asked as hope bubbled up inside of me.

"Yes, so you better not flirt with her!" He warned.

"I wouldn't even think of it!" I said feigning hurt.