Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Amy's POV

"Hello!" I called as I entered my parents' house. No one responded so I flung my bag on the floor and walked through into the kitchen. As I walked through the kitchen door my eyes settled on Jamie - who were eating breakfast - and my parents.

"Hey Hun," My mum cooed as she got up from the table and kissed me on the head before returning to her breakfast.

"Hey mum," I responded before greeting my dad and ruffling Jamie's hair just to annoy him. However, much to my dismay he was too tired to even react.

"Late night?" I asked as I took a seat next to him and opposite my dad.

"Yep," Jamie mumbled barely loud enough to be heard.

"How was your night?" Jamie asked, his eyes never leaving the bowl of cereal in front of him as he shovelled oversized spoonfuls into him mouth. Had Jonah told him we were going out? However, before I could respond Jamie continued, "Actually I really don't want to know," he said shuddering slightly as a grimace formed on his lips.

"Why not?" My mum asked, her eyebrows knitting together into a frown at Jamie's words.

"Um..." Jamie said his eyes widening as he looked up from his cereal for the first time since I arrived. "Because..." he started but obviously didn't know what to say.

"You know what, I don't want to know," my mum interrupted Jamie's mumblings. I sighed relieved that they wouldn't find out about Jonah and me already. I just didn't feel like answering the hundreds of questions my mum would fire at me if she found out.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked as the conversation faltered.

"I thought we could visit Gran, she hasn't seen Jamie since his last leave and then go out for lunch," mum said. I nodded in approval.

"I can't do lunch, I agreed to go out with Jonah," Jamie said his mouth still full of cereal.

"Don't speak with your mouth full," mum scolded, "Didn't I tell to keep today free?" She continued as her eyebrows pulled together in a frown.

"Nope," Jamie shrugged, "I can't cancel on him now," Jamie continued.

"Just invite him along them," she suggested, "Also ask him to invite him parents, Chris and I haven't seen them in ages," she finished. My mouth dropped open as my mums words sunk in. The first meal with my parents and Jonah was awkward enough and we had only been on one date then. I felt like my feelings had grown even stronger since then and I knew it would be even tougher to hide them.

"I'm not sure, maybe another time," Jamie said his eyes flicking nervously to me. I smiled at how my brother was trying to get me out of an awkward situation.

"Don't be ridiculous I'm going to call Leah and Rob now," mum said waving her hand dismissively before getting up from the table.