Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I groaned as my phone started ringing loudly, the shrill noise cutting through the silence. I scrunched my eyes closed and pulled my pillow over my head but the noise could still be heard.

Sighing I dragged myself out of bed and grabbed my handbag where my phone was located.

"What?" I mumbled into the phone. This was the second time I had been woken by a phone call in two days!

"Amy?" Farah's voice asked from the other end.

"Well obviously, you called me," I grumbled as I ran my hand through my knotted hair.

"Where are you?" Farah asked, but without even waiting for my reply continued, "Are you with Jonah? You totally slept with him didn't you!" She squealed.

"Um... Why would I be with Jonah?" I asked, completely confused. I would never understand how this girls mind worked.

"Well he was at dinner with your parents last night right?" She asked.

"Yeah?" I responded but it sounded more like a question as I didn't know where she was going with this.

"And you're not home now, so you must be at his!" She squeaked.

Wow she seriously was crazy!

"Wait how do you know I'm not at home?" I frowned.

"Because I'm there. I came to pick you up but you didn't answer, so I let myself in," she explained.

"Shit. I forgot about work!" I exclaimed, realising all my stuff was still at home.

"I'll bring all your stuff and pick you up, just text me his address," Farah chuckled.

"Shut up. I'm stayed at my parents' house. See you in twenty?" I said.

"Fine, be ready. We can't be late again." Farah said, sounding less excited now she realised I had in fact stayed at my parents' house last night. I swear she was more into Jonah that I was!

As soon as I heard the doorbell chime through the house I stuffed the last few mouthfuls of cereal into my mouth, mumbled goodbye to my parents and Jamie, and stumbled to the front door. I swung it open to see Farah standing there with my uniform in one hand. I grabbed it off her and sprinted up the stairs.

Swiftly, I undressed before pulling the white button down shirt over my head and shimming into the tight black skirt. I kept the black tights in my hands before I slipped on the shoes and tumbled back down the stairs. Farah was talking to my parents and Jamie when I re-emerged into the kitchen. However, as soon as she saw me she quickly said goodbye before dragging me out to the car.

"Ugh I can't believe you got me all excited thinking you had stayed at Jonah's last night, when you had just crashed at your parents' house. I mean you could have told me!" Farah ranted as she pulled out of my parents drive.

"You were the one who jumped to conclusions," I interjected.

"Whatever," she said with a wave of her hand. "So what did happen with Jonah and you?" She continued waggling her eyebrows suggestively at me. I chuckled as I responded,

"Who said anything happened?"

"The big grin on your face," Farah giggled.

"We're going on another date," I shrugged.

"And Jamie?" Farah asked.

"Is fine with it all," I smiled.

"Really? What happened to the protective rip-the-balls-off-any-guy-who-comes-near-you Jamie?" Farah smirked, her eyes never leaving the road.