Chapter 7

"So how's working for Gerard like?"

Frank could hear the question before he could see Lindsey come sit beside him, right where Gerard's been sitting, if not a little further away. He looked at her and she smiled to him, bringing her glass to her lips and taking a long sip.

Frank's been sitting alone now for a few minutes. After he and Gerard stopped talking and just sat there in silence for a few more minutes, Ray showed up and told Gerard he wanted to talk to him and the two had left after saying they'd be back shortly.

"Ummm," Frank said as he looked the wedding party still dancing from far, safe for Ray and Gerard who had disappeared somewhere. Lindsey was cool, but could he really insult her friend, or was it safer to lie? Because right now he could think of only a single word that described working for Gerard and he didn't know if he should say it.

"That fucking bad?" Lindsey said with a laugh. Frank looked at her, "what?" She asked, "Gee's an asshole when it comes to work. He takes it all a little too seriously, we all know it." She rolled her eyes, "fuck, Gee knows it. How long have you been his PA, anyway?"

"As of today, 20 days," Frank said with another sip of his glass. It felt longer, much longer.

Lindsey nodded looking impressed, "since the last one lasted six days, I give you credit." She sounded really impressed.

Frank smiled, "Gerard can be difficult at times, I think. But he can be pleasant... Sometimes at least," pleasant? Where did that come from? Frank wanted to take it back but didn't. He knew he had a decent alcohol tolerance, but right now, he was pretty sure the drunk part of his brain was taking charge of his mouth, which was, if not obvious, not a good thing.

"Well, if it's the same Gerard Way we're talking about here, I'm sure he changed then," Lindsey said.

Some time passed as they both finished their glasses. Something was telling Frank it was better if he stayed at least partly sober, but his brain wouldn't buy it. He didn't want to think and drinking to stop thoughts he didn't want has been a luxury he didn't have for a long time now, besides, he had a sober drive. At least, he hoped he did. He looked around, looking for said drive, but couldn't see him anywhere. Where had he and Ray went?

"Don't worry," Frank could hear Lindsey say from beside him. He flinched, was he that obvious? "I'm pretty sure Ray is not done with Gee yet. It's his wedding and he intends on fully using that fact," she said that with an air of previous knowledge and boredom, like she knew exactly why Ray and Gerard had disappeared to talk and knew how it was going, and that it had happened multiple times before.

Or Frank was just drunk and overanalyzing things.

"You know, Frank," Lindsey went on, "I think you two are good," Frank was pretty sure Lindsey was the drunk one now; he had no idea what she was even talking about anymore, "I think you're good for him. God knows he needs someone like you right now."

Frank wasn't sure what that meant, did she mean professionally? He wasn't sure he was going to ask, but before he could say another word, Lindsey had pushed herself up and smiled again, but not to him this time.

"He's all yours, Gee."

Frank looked up and was immediately met with Gerard's smile for Lindsey, who left after she patted him on the back. Frank couldn't help but stare. He was too drunk to stop himself. Gerard's whole demeanor seemed relaxed and easy. He had lost his jacket and had a couple of the top buttons of his shirt undone.

Gerard stood before before him, tall and gorgeous, long brown hair moving in the breeze.

Frank wished he was drunker.