Playlist // Inspirations

Hello!

Sorry to freak you out, this fic is done and I'm not updating it, this is just something I made and I wanted to share with you.

Now that that's out of the way, I want to say that this fic was the first long story I've ever dared to write and publish. English is not my first language and it was a real challenge writing this. I had no idea it was going to get a fraction of the attention it has right now. I'm still bewildered that people like it so much and some have even read it more than once (seriously, h o w ?)

I want to thank you for reading this and coming back to it. You have no idea how many times I've returned to this story (now that I think I'm better at writing in English) and cringed at my writing wanting to scrap everything and rewrite the whole thing, but I stop myself every time because I know how much a story (even a fanfic like this) can mean to someone even if it was not that well-written. I would be heartbroken if someone was to take down any of my favorite fanfics and stories and rewrite them.

Now that I've rambled long enough, here's the link to a Pinterest board I made with all the inspirations behind the scenes for this story: https://pin.it/7etZZVl

And this is the playlist I used while writing: (Any song mentioned throughout the story won't be on here.)

1. I always wanna die (sometimes) by the 1975: I liked listening to this one whenever I was thinking about or writing Frank's backstory.

2. Don't ask me why by Laura Marling: Gerard's backstory. (This song is very personal to me and I choke up every time I listen to it. I hope it gives anyone who's dealing with anything crappy some solace that they're not alone 🖤)

3. Gorgeous By Taylor Swift: Chapter 6, drunk Frank, ah

4. Sorry by Halsey: Chapter 10, the pool scene.

5. Creep by Radiohead: Chapters 11 & 12.

6. Leave it alone by Hayley Williams: this song came out in 2020, but I couldn't help but think it was perfect for chapter 15, the cemetery scene and the general vibe of the first half of the chapter.

7. The Manic by Amarante: Chapter 16, the date in Brooklyn. I like how the upbeat music almost overcasts the self-deprecating lyrics. I think it's great for Gerard's POV.

8. Can't go back by Rosi Golan: Chapter 18, Frank's POV.

9. I know Places by Taylor swift: I realize it's not suitable dead-on lyric for lyric, but I like the vibe of two people running away from everything and hiding together. It's the same vibe I hoped to project in later chapters, especially after the visit to Frank's aunt's house, so chapters 18 and on.

10. Night Terror by Laura Marling: Chapter 19, Gerard's confession. The song is dark but I love the vibe of comfort shared by someone who understands.

That's it for now, maybe I'll add to it later, but this is it.

I hope you and the people you love are safe and well.

Thank you again. All love to you.