Chapter 8

IMPORTANT: sorry guys I have no idea how this happened but I posted half of the intended chapter. I just updated it.

A/N: first of all I really want to thank everyone that enjoyed the story, you guys make me want to continue this. Secondly, I want to admit that I'm the worst person you could ask about guitars; I literally know nothing about them, that being said, please, forgive any wrong or inaccurate information I might mention about them. I wrote the scene after a two minute google search that I know wasn't enough.

...

"This is probably very confusing to you right now."

They were outside, after Frank knew Ray was sure they were far enough, he made them set down on a bench just outside and started waving his hands all over the place.

Frank didn't say anything, but his expression must've been saying no shit? Because Ray just nodded and looked like he was thinking hard of what to say next, "look, man, I was going to ask you if you could drive Gee back home, but I think you deserve some explanation at least," Ray said at last.

Frank still hadn't said anything and Ray just sighed, "I know how this sounds, but I don't think it's my place to say anything right now. Mikey and Gerard are both my friends and, well, I'm not saying you're not, I'm just saying we only met today so."

Frank nodded. He could respect that at least. He found his tongue at last, "I can't drive him home, I think I'm still drunk."

Ray's mouth opened slightly at Frank's way of changing the subject but nodded. Frank had a feeling that Ray didn't really have much of a plan out of dragging Frank out of there to talk to him. It felt like he just wanted to talk to someone.

"I don't think Gee's ready yet to go home. I'm not sure he should be left alone anyway." He was saying that more to himself, "Lindsey has to fly home tonight. I know she'll offer to stay, but she has a kid back home and I know she can't. Christa and I can stay," Ray finally said as conclusion, nodding to himself to confirm, "we can change the flights to tomorrow morning and stay the night," he added.

"I can stay with him," Frank said causing Ray to look up at him with surprise on his face. He didn't know where that came from; he could pretend that he did it because the idea that Christa had Ray had to switch their honeymoon flight and Lindsey to leave her kid alone was a little too ridiculous. He still didn't know the full story, but it wasn't like someone had died. "Give me a couple of hours and I'll sober up enough to drive us back." he said that with a tone showing he wouldn't put up with any discussion.

...

Gerard felt like he was drunk.

He knew he wasn't. Firstly he wouldn't allow himself to do that even after all those years, and secondly, when alcohol used to get him to this point, he usually would be a lot more calmer, it'd delude his thoughts. The only thing that he was feeling and was reminding him of the various states of intoxication he's ever experienced was the confusion.

He could still feel his over thinking brain going over what his friends were trying to tell him, but he still couldn't grasp it. It was like a drunken haze took over him and the only thing he was aware of was that his brother was hurt. The only person he's got left to call family was hurt, and he couldn't do anything about it. Other that that, nothing made sense.

"Gerard?"

Someone was calling. Gerard knew it was Lindsey. He looked up at her from where he's been sitting and she smiled to him like he would see her sometimes smile at her son when he would fall and hurt himself. But Gerard wasn't hurt. Mikey was hurt. He needed to see him. Be with him.