Chapter 11

A/N: this is a shorter update. Sorry about that. A lot is going to happen next chapter and I don't want the chapter to be too long...

I know I used Colors for the other story but I can't help finding it also suitable for this chapter too, maybe the entire story as well.. it describes Gerard here so well and I'm always a sucker for Halsey so 🤷🏻‍♀️
....

The night air bit at his face but he didn't care. He needed to be as away from there as he could.

He was mad. Oh dear God, was he mad. But the humiliation was what ate at him more, burning there at the bit of his stomach.

He had no idea where he was even going, he just took off from the hotel and turned to the first street he could find. He must've been far now, because the street he was in defiantly didn't seem like a five stars hotel belonged to it. He was getting tired too, but he supposed sitting in the middle of the street wasn't going to solve anything, except getting mugged or possibly murdered.

The weird thing was how he felt how familiar this whole thing was. How many times did he have to walk the cold streets alone in the middle of the night when his aunt would kick him out of the house? It's been a couple of years but he still remembered. First time it happened, they've been living with her for two weeks when she got mad at Diana playing with her toys and talking to them. Frank "spoke back to her" which earned him a push out of the door as it was slammed in his face. His aunt screaming at him to find another place where he could stay after disrespecting its owner.

That night, Frank forgot to take his jacket, with his phone in it, with him. Having had no money on him, he ended up almost freezing to death in the middle of the street, wasn't for some God sent stranger who took pity on him and asked him if he needed to call someone. He called Jamia that night and spent the night at her parents' place. They were so nice and told him he could come to their house any time. Frank did, ashamed of that as he could be, and as much as he tried not to, because he knew Diana would be all alone with their aunt those nights.

He often thought about running away from school and every little shitty thing in his life. He and Jamia would fantasies about starting a band and living on the road with nothing on them but their clothes, but he knew he could never could leave Diana behind. He never stopped fantasizing about it though, just running away one day and calling a cap to take him as far as the money he had in his pocket could get him.

As Frank lent his back on a wall after he couldn't walk much further, he finally realized that he could do that. Well, not the running away part, but the calling a taxi to take him anywhere he wanted, because he had the money for it for once.

"Frank!"

There was a shout and Frank cursed his mind for knowing who was calling. He determinedly turned his face the other way and started walking again.

The calling never stopped, even as Frank was positive Gerard realized he was ignoring him on purpose. However, Gerard was fast and Frank was tired, so he caught up with him easily.

"Frank, will you stop?" Gerard called, holding Frank's upper arm, trying to spin him around to face him.

Frank stopped and let himself be turned around. Surely enough, Gerard was there, his appearance even more misheaved than before, cheeks rosy possibly from the cold and shaking without a jacket on over his dress shirt. If Frank wasn't so mad, he would've felt bad for making him walk all the way in the cold.