Chapter 14

A/N: I'm so sorry this is late. I've been away for the past week for the holidays and didn't get to update. This chapter took a lot of me to write. A lot happens so enjoy!

Song is The Smiths - Last Night I dreamt That Somebody Loved Me.
...

The house felt strange.

Frank didn't know why, or how, he felt it, but the second he stepped in and Diana just ran in with her bag full of candy to the stairs, he felt like something was off. It felt too silent for his liking, not that the damn house has ever been life-filled anyway, but the wind had picked up a while ago while they made their way home and now, with all the silence, the house was making these weird noises and Frank didn't like it.

It might have had something with it being Halloween and all but he couldn't shake the feeling off. He had no idea he just noticed how big the damn house was, with its odd drifts of winds that would come around from god knows where and close doors or make the hair on the back of his neck stand up.

The place was clear enough as Frank just stared, he tried to shake the feeling off and go change because he didn't want to make the guys wait, but he still felt weird, like that point you get to watching a horror movie where you know something is about to happen but you have no idea what. Still, you know it's there.

So, logicly, Frank made his way to the source of the cold drift that was just making the air on the back of his neck stand up. He realized he's made it to the kitchen before seeing it was the kitchen's back door that, for some reason, has been left open.

When he stepped outside however, he was in for another surprise; a giggle made him freeze in place. He looked around before his eyes settled on the roof of the small room connected to the kitchen from outside, making its roof way lower than the rest of the house. Frank's always assumed it was built later for the garden supplies or something. The lights around didn't make the figure clear, and it took him a moment but he could clearly see it was definitely Gerard there, sitting on the roof, legs dangling down.

"Okay there, Frankie?" Gerard's voice sounded like he was barely suppressing a laugh.

Frank just came closer, "are you crazy?! How did you even get up there?!" He shouted up at the brown haired man who just looked like he was smiling at him.

"The ladder," he called back with a shrug like it explained everything, "come up here," he added a moment later when Frank just stared back at him.

Frank debated telling him he had somewhere he needed to be and that he couldn't just sit on the roof in the cold, but Gerard was smiling in a way he hadn't seen in days and he reckoned a few minutes sitting with him wouldn't hurt.

A minute later of Frank trying to find out how Gerard had even made it up there, he found a small ladder by the wall to climb on. He made it up and he came carefully closer to Gerard who wasn't even looking at him but at the garden down from them.

"Whoa," Frank was saying before he could stop himself. They could see most of the neighborhood from up there; the roof being so close to the walls that didn't have any of the garden trees covering them from up there. Frank could see almost all the houses around, most having their Halloween decorations lit. It looked amazing.

"Wait till you see it on Christmas," Gerard said from where he was looking up at Frank with an easy smile, "sit. It looks better sitting," he added looking back down and patting the spot next to him.

The World Is Ugly (But You're Beautiful to Me) | CompletedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara