Prologue

*Inspired by 'The Tomorrow People'*

My name is Tyler Stephenson, your not so normal teenager. I discovered my powers at the age of seven on Christmas Eve in a freak accident with the tree. Since that day, I’ve spent my life looking over my shoulder wondering if someone was out to get me, keeping secrets from my friends and family, and never letting my guard down for anyone. For years I’ve bared the burden of being the next step of human evolution, an “Evolutionary” as society calls it.

Don’t get me wrong, being an evolutionary has its perks and all. I can hear people’s thoughts, move things with my mind, and my body functions better than what society likes to call normal. But like all things that seem too good to be true, it comes with a price. There is an organization out to get me and everyone else like me called Scorpio. As luck would have it Scorpio was established a few years ago when the thought of homo sapiens going extinct had become a major issue in the world. Their goal, to stop evolution. But how do you do that? For Scorpio it was simple, search for and destroy anyone who poses a threat to everyday humans. That’s right, the mass genocide of an entire species.

There are an estimated two thousand Evolutionaries in the world today, but the number grows smaller and smaller as Scorpio continues to gain more power. Although I don’t know when or how Scorpio will find me, they will, it’s inevitable. But when they do, I’ll be ready, as my actions could very well save my species from premature extinction. This is my story, the story of Evolution. 

A/N: The book is better than the Prologue I promise haha just give it a chance ;)