Chapter 14 - Accepting Defeat

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update, I've been really busy lately. Also this is not my favorite chapter as I wrote it at one o'clock in the morning haha :/

Tyler’s POV

I sat there staring blankly at the TV screen that had just been turned off. The room was dead silent and all eyes were on me. I looked around breathing in slowly trying to calm myself down. In the last couple of days I had ruined everything my parents worked so hard for.

“It’s not your fault you know?” Kenzie said squeezing my shoulder slightly. Everyone else in the room nodded and hummed in agreement. I buried my head in my hands and let out a deep sigh. I had two options. One, I could turn myself in to be experimented on killed and hope that Scorpio let my family free. Or two, I could not turn myself in and then my family dies and Scorpio continues to come after me and the people I love. The decision seemed like a no brainer to me.

“No!” Autumn said sternly knowing what I was going to do. “You’re not going to turn yourself in to some psycho organization to be slaughtered like some sort of animal!” I rubbed my temples in frustration at her comment. I really didn’t want to argue about this especially since my mind was already made up. Nothing Autumn, or anyone else said was going to stop me.

“What else am I supposed to do?” I asked looking across the room at her. She pause for a minute contemplating the options, or lack thereof.

“We broke in there once, we can do it again!” she suggested. This time, Aiden shot the idea down before I had the chance.

“No we can’t. They’ll be expecting it this time and we won’t stand a chance.” He stated. Autumn just muttered expletives under her breath. For a sixteen year old she sure cursed like a sailor. But I guess Aiden didn’t really mind.

We sat there for a few minutes listening to Autumn come up with all these different schemes and scenarios, each one getting shot right down. When she finally ran out of ideas, I stood up and stretched.

“Listen, I want to say thank you for everything you guys have done for me, I really appreciate it. But there’s nothing else we can do besides turn me in and pray they let my family go. Please don’t fight me on this one. If the situation was reversed you’d do the same thing.” I pleaded. Aiden stood up and walked over to me placing a hand on my shoulder.

“I won’t force you to stay, but please just think about it for tonight, every day is a new day, things will get better. You just have to believe.” He said. I just nodded in agreement. Truthfully, I didn’t buy it. Every day has progressively been getting worse. First I nearly get shot up, then Jeremy gets captured and put in a coma, and then to top it all off my parents get kidnapped and basically held hostage.

The rest of the night was spent in much appreciated silence. Lauren showed me to one of the many guest rooms and I spent the rest of night there moping to myself.

I woke up to the sun shining brightly through the blinds of the window. I sat up yawning and stretching before standing up just as Autumn entered the room. She was holding a folded pile of clothes along with a toothbrush and wash rag.

“I figured you’d need something clean to put on.” She said holding out the clothes. I took them and said thank you before excusing myself to go take a shower. After cleaning up, I made my way into the living room where everyone else was already waiting for me.

“I’m ready.” I said avoiding eye contact. Only Aiden stood, grabbing his keys. I was a bit surprised no one else was coming. “You guys aren’t going ride with me? I asked disappointed. They all shook their heads.

“I’m not going to watch you go off to get yourself killed. I’m sorry but I just can’t do that.” Lauren explained.  I guess I understood that. It was just like when Jeremy decided to go off and fight Scorpio on his own. Only difference was that I hadn’t asked them to come along and get killed with me. I said goodbye before walking out the door and to Aiden’s car where he was already inside waiting. The ride to Scorpio was quiet. Only the sounds of the radio could be heard inside the car, until Aiden broke the silence.

“Why are you giving up so easily?” he asked. I just sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

“There’s nothing more I can do.” I said defeated. This is the only way to save my family, and even that is not guaranteed.”

“So what happens when you go through with this and Scorpio doesn’t keep their side of the deal?” he asked.

“Then at least I won’t have to deal with the guilt.” I said in a near whisper. And with that nothing else was said until we got close to Scorpio’s science facility. Aiden pulled over onto the side of the road. “This is as far as I go.” I shook my head and unbuckled my seat belt.

“Thank you.” I said before exiting the car. I tried not to look at the disappointment on his face as I walked towards the front gate at Scorpio. It took me about ten more minutes to get there. I was greeted at the entrance by two guards toting large guns in their hands. I held my hands up in surrender. Roughly, they grabbed me and placed another neon armband on my arm making my powers near impossible to use without  excruciating pain. After, they dragged me into the building and down the oh so familiar hallways that were my home for three days. At the end of one of the hallways, we came to a door. They tapped on in softly before someone finally came to the door wearing a sickening smile. Doctor Odaire.

“Ah, Mr. Walters I’ve been expecting you.” He grinned. Just seeing his face made me want to throw up.

“Where’s my family?!” I demanded.

He grinned again before answering. “You can relax Mr. Walters, if nothing else I am a man of my word. Your parents will be released shortly.” He said softly. I let out a sigh of relief. “But your brother on the other hand. . .” he trailed off.

“What about him?” I snapped.

“Well Mr. Walters as I said on the news your parents would be released shortly following you turning yourself in. I never said anything about your brother. . .” he trailed off.

“You sick bastard! What did you do to him?!” I yelled, not really wanting an answer, but I got one.

“Well. . . let’s just say he had to be disposed of.” He sneered. And with that something in my brain snapped sending me off the edge.

A/N: Like I said, not my favorite chapter to write but hopefully you liked it. I will update again in two days though, so be sure to VOTE and COMMENT if you like what you've read or have been reading :/