Chapter One

"Mom! Mom you can't make me!" I scream running into the kitchen to follow her.

"Actually I can, and I already have," She spits back, making my face red.

"Dad! Dad! Please don't make me go, I'll do anything I swear!" I plead on my knees in front of my father, who is busy reading the newspaper and barely notices me. Oh, what I would do to get out of this house, oh wait, I am.

"Honey, it's already been established, I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do."

I scream in frustration, running up to my room and slamming the door. I can't believe they're making me, their only daughter, fly halfway across the country to live with my moms friend, who I've never even met! Apparently she's my god mother, so that's why I have to stay with her. She has four sons, which my mom said were pretty little, like eight or something. We don't really have family around here. My dad has this marine biology project he'll be working on for several months out at sea, and my mom is part of that too. So they couldn't just leave me alone at the house for months. Even I know that wouldn't end well.

"Tessa come down here!" My mom calls. I really don't want to leave the comfort of my bed, but I know if I refuse that'll only make matters worse. I groan and get up from my bed, making my way downstairs.

"Honey, I really am sorry this is so sudden, but your dad and I got a call saying that we have to leave tomorrow, so we have to take you there tomorrow morning. Now we're going to leave pretty early, around three ish, so you should probably go get some sleep,"

That's what I was just doing, thank you mother. I know my bags are already packed, so that's what I should do. Although whenever I'm mad at my mom, I don't like to do what she wants me to do. But sleep is the best option. It'll be a long drive.

.........

After thirteen hours of driving. Yes, you heard me correctly, thirteen! We pull up in front of the biggest house I've ever seen. One of the sides is made of stone, and the other parts are a light brown. There's a huge garden in the front, with a walkway leading up to the front door. I finally get out of my trance by my mom nudging me to get my stuff. I get my suitcase and start toward the door. There's probably going to be little kids running around crazy chasing each other, like little kids do. Well my mom said they were eight. I ring the doorbell with my mom and dad right behind me.

"Aaahhh, Tessa! Come in, come in!" Sally says, she's the mom. A man beside her, who I'm assuming is the dad, Tom I think it is, smiles and lets us in. It's not as I expected. Well for one thing, the house is ten times the size of mine, and I have a decent sized house. And for another, there are no little kids running around. In fact, it's extremely quiet.

"Honey, I'm sorry, but we have to go now," My mom says, looking sincere. I know she really does hate doing this, but she has to.

"Ok, I'll miss you," I say, giving them a big hug.

"Stay safe," Dad says. "We love you," My mom adds. I smile and give my goodbyes. When I face Sally and Tom, they give me huge smiles.

"I can't wait for you to meet the boys," Sally says. "Now we'll have dinner in an hour, I'm just going to order pizza, but first I'll take you to your room." She takes me upstairs and helps carry my stuff. She opens the door to a room twice the size of my own. I gawk at how pretty it is. The walls are white, with a light brown dresser and desk. There are lights hung up around the headboard of the bed, giving off a chic look. There are beautiful paintings hung around the room, and a large bookshelf filled with wonders. A big, red couch rests on one of the walls, opposite the bed. There's a walk in closet, and a fairly large bathroom. A flat screen tv, and a balcony. Holy crap. The balcony has two chairs sitting near the edge that overlooks the neighborhood. Since its facing the backyard though, I have a nice view of the woods area in the back, as well as the sunset.