Chapter Thirteen

"Noooo," I groan as my curtains are ripped from their placement in front of the sun. I shove my face into my pillow, shielding the light. I'm not mentally stable enough to have the sun in my face at the moment.

"Rise and shine short stack," I feel a dent next to me and realize that Ryan has taken the place beside my waist. I try and sit up and end up failing, so I just fall back to the comfort of my bed.

"Here, take these," he says, handing me a glass of water along with some Tylenol. I place the pills on my tongue, and swallow the pills.

"Thanks," I say, actually able to sit up this time. He watches me struggle to open my eyes all the way and chuckles lightly. "It's not funny," I say, lightly hitting his shoulder. My head is pounding and I know I'm slightly hungover. I didn't even have that much to drink, the Tylenol should be working soon. If there's one thing I've learned from this experience, it's that I can't have one drink without becoming drunk.

"Lunch will be ready in ten," he says getting up from my bed.

"Wait lunch? What time is it?"

"It's noon short stack. You slept through half the day," he laughs as he leaves my room. I groan and slump back into my bed. Knowing I should achieve something today, I go and get dressed. Picking out my sweatpants, I throw that on with an oversized short sleeve shirt.

Yup, I'm an accomplished woman.

I quickly brush my teeth, and attempt at getting the knots out of my hair. Oh great, Ryan saw me all and all with my bed head and morning glory. Just great.

When I walk down the stairs, I see quite the sight. First off, Noah is holding a...baby? Ashton has Ryan choked up against the wall, and Kevin is throwing potatoes at the backside of Ashton's head.

"Guys, guys!" I thought Noah was going to redirect them until I heard him say, "Would ya keep it down? The baby is sleeping!"

It wasn't. The baby was wide awake giggling at the sight before it.

"What the hell Kevin! Can't you see I'm trying to maul Ryan?! I would appreciate it if you would quit the potato throwing and go back to your damn room!"

Kevin rolls his eyes and chucks one last potato at him before stomping to his room.

"What the hell?" I come down the steps now, a complete confused expression crossed across my face. Ryan and Ashton continue their...whatever they're doing except now Ryan has Ashton choked against the wall. "Why-? Noah, why are you feeding a baby a stock of corn? And why are Ryan and Ashton doing...whatever they're doing?"

"Oh, well I'm babysitting, and Kevin got bored so he threw potatoes at them while they fight," he says like its the most casual thing ever. I shake my head, not knowing what else to do.

"What are they fighting about?" I ask him, as we watch them now on the table, wrestling like there's no tomorrow.

"I don't know, probably you," he sighs before heading off to the living room with the baby. I look back at them and see that Ashton now has Ryan in a headlock. Is this normal for their family? And where are their parents? Oh that's right, I forgot their parents work on the weekends. It'll just be us for basically the entire weekend.

"Hey, Tessa, want to go some place fun?" Ashton comes up behind me and whispers in my ear. I shiver from his breath fanning the back of my neck.

"Um, where?" I ask hesitantly.

"It's a surprise," he says before grabbing my hand and taking me out the door to his car.

"Shouldn't we tell them where we're going?" I ask him.