Chapter Two

The first thing I do when I wake up is call my mom. I know she has limited calling, but I just have to know why she would lie to me.

"Mom, hi it's Tessa. I know you shouldn't be called much, but I just had to know. Why'd you say the boys were eight years old?" I ask into the phone.

"I didn't say that." She says in all seriousness. Are you kidding me? She specifically told me that the boys were eight.

"Yes you did," I say back a little to harshly.

"Hun, I said the last time you saw them they were eight," She says.

Well now that makes sense. But I could have sworn she said that they were eight. I don't remember hearing that last part.

"Oh, ok. That's all I needed to say, bye." I hang up the phone totally embarrassed.

Since I have to start school in less than a month, I should probably figure out where everything is. I get dressed, and brush my hair and teeth. Actually, it is pretty early, I'll just go outside for a little. I go down the steps quietly and open the front door. It's a little chilly out, but not too bad. The first thing I notice is their basketball net. I've always loved basketball, I played on the travel team back at home since the sixth grade. Before that, I just did rec. I've been playing for about nine years. My dad taught me how to play, he was always into sports, especially basketball.

I pick up the basketball that's sitting next to the net, and stand back. I shoot, and make it. I dribble the ball and take long shots every now and then. Just as I take a three pointer shot, the door opens and Ryan comes out.

"Nice shot," He says, taking the other basketball by the net. He takes a shot and sounds a perfect swish.

"Thanks, you too," I say, watching him dribble the ball around. After around five minutes, he throws his ball in the grass.

"Play me," He says, bending over in a ready position. I give him a strange look and start dribbling the ball. I do my fake moves, swerve around him and shoot a perfect layup.

"Hey, you're pretty good," He says, giving me an approving look.

"Well I should be, I've been playing for nine years," I say, half laughing. He gives me a nod and smiles.

"I'm gonna go back inside," I say, pointing to the door. I feel his eyes on me all the way back to the house. When I go back in, I find Ashton eating cereal with his shirt off. When he sees me, he gives me a smirk and I roll my eyes. He's so gross.

"Good morning, sweetie, sleep well?" Sally says, coming down the steps.

"Yeah, great," I say, taking an apple off the counter. I actually did have the best sleep I've had in a long time. It was probably that heavenly bed. Eric comes down the stairs in a plaid shirt, and kaki shorts. He is pretty adorable. He has blonde hair, and brown, chocolate eyes. He just has a cute look to him. While Ashton over here looks like a complete slob. He's just wearing sweatpants, with his brown hair all messed up.

Ryan comes back in through the front door all sweaty, dabbing his shirt over his bare chest. Ryan, I had to admit, was hot. He had brown hair that lay the perfect way, and gorgeous icy blue eyes. I'm a sucker for blue eyes.

"Mom, Ashlyn's coming over in like ten minutes," Ashton says. I'm not sure who Ashlyn is, but I like that name.

"Ok," Is all Sally says. Once I finish my apple, I'm about to leave when there's a knock at the door. Curious to who it is, I watch Ashton get up and open the door.

"Ashlyn! You're here early," Ashton says, engulfing her into a hug.

"Yeah, sorry, I hope it's not a bother," She replies sweetly.