Chapter Three

By now, there's about one hundred people here, and they're all twenty minutes early. I had no idea they were this popular. I decide I should call Lisa and ask when she's coming home.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Tessa, um, I'm just wondering when you'll be home?" She laughs.

"You think I want to be there full of drunk, hormony teenagers?" Wow, she and my mom are two completely different people.

"Oh well, I didn't know, sorry for asking?"

"Im sorry for laughing dear, they have parties all the time, I'm used to it by now. But whenever they do, I spend the night at a friends." She says. She's like a teenager at heart, really. "My rule is that as long as they clean it up, they can have parties whenever," She finishes.

"Ok, well that's all then," I say, politely trying to end the call.

"Alright dear, bye," With that she hangs up and I sigh. I stare out the window of my bedroom, looking at the people in the pool and dancing to the music. Suddenly my door opens, revealing Ryan.

"Come on princess, it's fun," He slurs.

"Ryan, you're drunk, go downstairs," I say, looking back out the window. I don't want his stench of alcohol filling my room.

"Aw, but I want you to come with me," He slurs again.

"No, I'm-"

"Ugh!" He groans, going over to my closet. "Here this is nice," He throws me my light pink dress that goes just above the knees. There's thin straps, probably about two fingers thick. The top part of the dress is all silver sparkles. It's the nicest thing I own. I sigh, knowing I won't win this one.

"Fine," I mumble, snatching the dress from him. He smiles and goes out the door. I roll my eyes and change into the dress with my silver shoes. Ashley's probably looking for me, I should just go find her. When I open my door, Ryan's there waiting for me. He gives me an approving look and takes my hand. I take my hand away.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask, giving him a weird look.

"Just being a gentleman," He says, shrugging. I scoff. Yeah right. Him. A gentleman. Yeah, call me when that day comes. I go down the stairs with him by my side, and no one even bothers to notice us. They're too busy either making out, or grinding on someone. I shiver, this is so not my thing. I'd much rather be curled up in bed with a good book. When I look to my side, Ryan's gone. Really? He made me change and come down here, then just ditches me? He's so annoying sometimes. I skim through the crowd of people, looking for Ashlyn.

"Looking for someone?" A voice behind me asks.

"Uh yeah, a friend," I say, looking up at him. He smiles at me and takes a drink of whatever he's drinking. I give him an awkward smile back.

"Oh, there you are Tessa, I was looking everywhere for you!" I see Ashley coming towards me and sigh in relief. I don't want to be left alone with him.

"Hey," I say, moving me eyes back and forth to the guy, giving her a hint. She takes on what I'm saying. I just want to be with Ashlyn.

"Brice, get out of here," She says, pointing her finger the other way.

"Once I find out this beautiful girls' name," He says, gesturing to me.

"It's Tessa, now, a BA BYE," She says, practically screaming the last part and rolling her eyes. I chuckle as he leaves, somewhat angry. She smiles at me.

"Im sorry if he was bothering you," She says, taking a sip of her drink.

"No, it's fine, he seems nice," She practically chokes on her drink as I say this.