Chapter Fourteen

S/o to
@pain_beauty11
for the nice comments and support :)

When I go downstairs the next morning, the whole family is gathered around the table as if they were waiting for me.

Oh no.

"Good morning, Tessa, if you wouldn't mind, I believe there's something we need to discuss," Sally smiles and awaits my response. I take the seat next to Ryan. I look over at Ashton who's looking down, ashamedly.

Ryan told. I can't be mad, he's just trying to protect me, I get it. Ashton looks pretty beat up in all honesty. He has bags under his eyes, and a blue and purple eye. I can smell the cigarette smoke from here.

He looks like a junkie.

"Now, Eric and Kevin, if you wouldn't mind leaving?" They sigh before leaving the room.

Sally averts her eyes to the door to make sure they actually have left.

"Now, obviously what happened yesterday can never happen again, nor will it. Tessa, I'm so sorry. Your stay here was supposed to be calm and you were meant to be treated as part of the family," she's crying now," I just can't believe he did that," she lets a sob escape as Tom rubs her back to comfort her.

"Mrs. Thompson it's not your fault," I assure her. She nods her head like she knows but still looks upset. I feel bad. Ever since I've arrived here, all I've done is cause drama. They shouldn't have to deal with this.

"Tom and I will be having a long, long conversation with Ashton about this. And Ryan, thank you for being there for Tessa. I-I just can't believe all this has happened," she concludes as she blows her nose in a tissue. Handing it to Tom to throw it away.

She excuses us, and calls Ashton into the room. I guess they're having their conversation now. As I pass him, he gives me this look as if to say this is my fault. Time slows as I look back at him with just the same amount of disgust.

As I'm heading up the stairs, I hear a loud crash coming from Ryan's room. I run in to find his lamp on the floor, broken. I stare at him as he stands there with his fists clenched, eyes focused on the lamp.

"Ryan?" I get his attention as I stand in the doorway, looking at him with concern. He sees me standing there and runs his hands through his hair, averting his gaze to his bed. "Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not fucking okay, you were almost raped because of him and there was nothing I could do, I didn't even suspect a thing. I should've known he would do something like this. He's a fucking asshole, I can't believe I let it happen. You could have gotten hurt, Tessa, really hurt," he looks at me now, with concern and a mixture of something else in his eyes. I take a step forward so that I'm now in his room. I close the door behind me and walk over to where he's standing.

Taking his hands in mine I say, "Ryan, I don't know how to thank you, you saved me. You really did and who knows what would have happened to me if you hadn't been there to help me," he looks down and his concern leaves him, I can tell.

He sighs before looking out the window. "I'll never be able to look at him the same way again."

This hits me. The fact that he will never have the same respect for his brother because of me. All of this is my fault. I can't help but feel that way.

"Oh my God," I say when the realization hits me. He looks back at me again.

"What? What's wrong?" He sounds urgent and I take deep breaths as I come to my conclusion.

"This is my fault."

"What are you talking about, this was all Ashton. None of this is your fault," that doesn't help. I feel bad for interfering with this family. They'd be better off without me, they really would. I can't leave though, that's the only problem. Even if I were to leave, I'd have no where to go. My parents are going to be gone for who knows how long. And I'm just going to have to wait.

•••

School sucks, let me tell you.

Turns out the blond bitch I accidentally ran into the other day has taken a liking into making my every day a living hell. Her name is Avery, and considering how pretty the name is, she is not a pretty person. I mean, she's gorgeous. Like drop dead gorgeous but behind her hair extensions and painted teeth, there's nothing too pretty about her.

"Get your ugly face out of my way," she'd say to me as I was literally just walking down the hallway as if I, one person of about fifty in the hallway, was causing her any mishap. I'd just roll my eyes and continue my way to my next class. However, her next class happened to be the same as mine.

Kill. Me. Now.

That's right, we had AP English together, which stinks considering how much I actually enjoy English. I discovered that she was the girl with her tongue down the throat of Ryan's friend that first day. And of course, she always sat behind me, throwing spitballs at my back and kicking me under the seat. I was really getting tired of her child like behavior, but there wasn't much I could do with the situation at hand.

At lunch, she eyed me as I would sit with Ryan and Noah, as if her death stare could somehow penetrate me until I melted into a puddle of goo.

This was my every day. And to make matters better, she had these little minions that followed her everywhere. And I mean everywhere. I don't know how they all have the same classes together, but they do.

Meanwhile, I have two classes with them, which also happens to be two of the three classes I have with Ryan.

Ryan, I've discovered, is a charmer with the ladies. He'll be flirting away like there's no tomorrow while the guys watch him with their mouths agape, wondering how on earth he is capable of charming the pants off of any living creature within eye sight of him.

He's tried it on everyone, except me. You'd think I'd be offended, but quite frankly, I'm the complete opposite. It would be weird if he flirted with me while we're friends. He'll make the occasional joke or, I guess you could take it as a flirtatious remark, but it's really just him joking around.

And I like it.

Because to be perfectly honest, I do the same thing with him. It's like a game.

I don't think Ryan has caught up on Avery's acts, and I hope he doesn't. I don't want him to start a fuss over something that's not a big deal.

~~~

Prepare yourself for a long A/N:

I'm so sorry for the crappy chapter- it needs a lot of editing and I just needed to get something up for you guys. It's been kinda hard to write lately :/

Ashton gets them girls ;) as you can tell from the photo up top.

Again sorry for the late update guys, but I hope you guys understand that watt pad isn't my #1 priority. I am a teenager, and am already busy enough with school and friends. I hope you can understand :)

Thank you to all of you who support me and my story! I love you guys so much!

What are your thoughts on the boys?;)

Okay so I have this story I've started and I'd like for you guys to read the description and tell me what you think? I would love you so much for that!
Here it is down below-

""If this was all just a joke to you, why didn't you stop once it was finished?"

"Because I realized something that excited and terrified me at the same time."

"Oh yeah, and what was that?"

"That I am in love with you, Carter."

•••

Carter Mathews is your typical high school student, at least that's what most people assume. Behind her glasses, though, is something spectacular that most people wouldn't take the time to figure out. Jason, however, has different plans. What happens when the most popular guy in school starts to show attention to Carter, the known nerd?"

Would you read this? Please tell me if I should publish it!
Thank you my lovelies! <3

Vote vote votteee! And comment xoxo! There's nothing that makes me more excited than seeing I've gotten a comment <3 AND WOW IM ALMOST AT 10K READS!!!