Chapter Seven

"Mmm," I can't help the moan that escapes my mouth from the cookies we just baked.

"I know, right?" Sally says, taking a bite of hers.

"These are the best cookies I've ever had!" They were so good, oh god, was I drooling? She nods her head in agreement and starts to clean up the mess. I help her clean up and then go up to my room. My phone flashes and I see Ashlyn is calling me.

"Hey!" I say, greeting her.

"Hey! Do you wanna sleepover?" She asks.

"I'd love to," I say. "When should I come over?"

"Whenever," She says. And somehow I know that she's shrugging.

"Okay, I'll be over in a few," I hang up and pack a small bag of my clothes and a toothbrush.

"Hey, Sally, is it okay if I sleep over at Ashlyn's?" I ask, even though I know she'll say yes.

"Oh yeah, honey, have fun!" She calls after me. I close the door and walk over, because her house is so close.

"Hey, girl!" She greets me, pulling me in for a hug.

We go up to her bedroom and she closes the door behind her.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" I ask her, setting my stuff down.

"Well," She says, "I was thinking-"

"You don't say," I cut her off.

She giggles before continuing, "Mani petties, facials, chick flicks, talking about boys, and most importantly, food!" She squeals. I laugh at how excited she is. It's been a long time since I've had a sleepover like this.
...

"I can't do this," I laugh, or attempt to at least. We currently have our faces masked in mud she calls 'a facial'. I have a cucumber on each eye, covering my sight. They're supposed to stay on for ten minutes, but I don't think I'll last.

Since it's impossible for us to laugh, we end up making a sound between a pig and a cat dying.

"Okay, take it off."

I do as she says, and take off the mask, washing my face. Wow, it is smooth.

"Isn't it like a baby's butt?" She asks, feeling her own face.

"It is, I have to admit."

She giggles and pulls me into her bedroom. So far we've done our nails and our facials. She pulls out 'The Notebook' and pushes it in the DVD player.

"I got the popcorn," I say just as she opens her mouth to tell me that. She smiles, knowing that I just read her mind.

"That movie gets me every time," She says, laughing at herself.

I check my phone for the time, and see that it's already two o'clock in the morning.

"I'm getting tired," I say, yawning.

"Yeah, let's crash on my bed."

We change into our pajamas and snuggle into the bed. I fall asleep seconds after my head hits the pillow.
...

Once I get back to the residence I am currently staying at, I take my bag into my room and empty it. I suddenly notice how there's absolutely no noise in the house. I peer out my bedroom door, nothing.

I enter the kitchen and see that the whole house is completely empty. I notice a note on the counter and read it.

Tessa,
We are all at a friends' house. Kevin will be there when you get back. Help yourself to any food in the fridge.

Love, Sally

I already know where Kevin would be, the game room, like always. I walk in and see him battling a zombie on the tv.

"Hey," I say, taking a seat next to him on the couch. He doesn't answer me and I can tell he probably tuned me out. He's looking at that tv like there's no tomorrow.

Once he finishes the round, he asks me if I want to play. I agree and he sets me up with the controller.

Two minutes into the game I somehow ended up killing myself.

Kevin bursts into hysterics, throwing he controller on the couch, unable to control his laughter.

"How the heck did you kill yourself?" He asks between laughs.

I shrug, picking at my nail. I actually don't know how it happened. He claims it's not even possible for one to kill themselves, but somehow I made that happen without even trying.

"I'm gonna go upstairs," I say, turning away from his laughing fit. Yeah, I get it, I suck at video games. Can we all move on from our lives now?

I plop onto the couch in the living room, pulling out my phone. I have two missed calls from Ryan. I frown at the missed calls. When did he call me and why?

A/N
Cliffhanger! Sorta.
Drama to come!
Vote and comment!