The Sarcophagus

It was only a moment before the American with glasses saw what Evie held, which I'm sure is what Rick 'borrowed' more like stole.

"Hey!! That's my tool kit!" A man, Burns, said as he reached out to take it from Evie who quickly stepped back, and let Rick point a gun straight at his face.

"No, I don't think so." Rick said, as everybody once again had their weapons up, I was sorta getting used to this for some reason. It felt like I'd have to.

Burns holds up his hands staring at the barrel of Rick's gun. "Okay," he said backing off, "Perhaps I was mistaken."

Rolling my eyes I looked at him. "I'm certain you are."

"Have a nice day gentlemen, we have a lot of work to be getting along with." Evie declared.

"Push off!! This is our dig site!!" A Egyptologist yelled with a fez hat on.

Rick raised a brow. "We got here first."

"This here is our statue...friend." Daniels said, cocking his gun at Rick.

"I don't see your name written on it....pal." Rick come back with.

What is this, childplay?

"Yes, well there's only 4 of you and 15 of us." Beni snides, ego raised as he smugly looked down on us. "Your odds are not so great O'Connell!"

Rick looks thoughtful only for a split second. "I've had worse."

"Me too." Jon said trying to look cool I'm guessing...yeah that ain't working.

"Really?" I asked the smaller man from Rick with a raised brow.

He shrugs.

"For goodness sake, let's be nice children." Evie said getting between us.

I blinked a couple times and shrugged as I put my daggers away and decided to go along with Evie. "If we're to play together, we must share."

"There are other places to dig..." Evie leads on looking into Rick's eyes and giving his arms a squeeze.

Yeah, I'm so shipping them, I thought as we walked out of the room.

*******

"According to my calculations, we're right underneath the statue." Evie says as she looks up. "We should come right up between his legs."

"Evie..." I snickered.

Evie blushed and smacks my arm. "Oh my, don't take it like that!!" She said embarrassed.

"And so then, when those dirty Yanks go to sleep-" Jon paused and looked over at Rick who working on the ceiling above them. "No offense." He said quickly.

"None taken." Rick said as he hit the ceiling once again.

"We'll sneak up and steal that book right from under their noses!" Jon cheered and started helping Rick with me as well now.

Rick looked to Evie and I. "And your sure you can find the secret compartment?" He asked.

"Yes, if their Egyptologist hasn't already found it." Evie said looking up and using her new tools.

Jon stops and looks around. "I say, where has our smelly friend gone off to?"

I raised a brow at him. "I don't particularly care, as we have fresh air as long as he's gone." I told him.

"I'll side with that." Jon said and we went back at it.

Sometime later I stopped, my arm being worn out from all the digging. "Let's take a break." I said and they all stepped back from the area to take a breather with me.