Chapter 16

Pain, that's all that I could feel. My body ached so much and I'm positive that they had broken a few ribs. I could hear people talking around me but I couldn't really understand anything they were saying. Voices were muffled by a constant beeping by my head and it was giving me a headache. Nothing made sense. Where am I? Why can't I move my body without it feeling like I was hit by a car? My eyelids feel like a weight has been placed on them making it hard to open my eyes. I could smell different sorts of chemicals making my nose burn with how strong they were.

"Do you know how long it will take for him to wake up?"

"I can't say how long Mr. Rivers"

"Do you know badly the damage was?"

"He got beat pretty badly I'm not going to lie, sir. We did our best to fix him up. He had a ruptured lung, three broken ribs and as you can see a broken arm and a broken leg" I recognized one of the voices once my mind began to clear up and noticed that it was my dad, talking to an unfamiliar male.

"How long would he be staying here after he wakes up?" dad asked and I could tell that he was worried by the way his voice sounded close to tears

"For another week or so" the stranger said

"Thank you doctor Sanchez" dad murmured before they exchanged farewells and the door across the room opened and closed. I heard a chair scrapping against the floor making my ears ring and my teeth to grind together

"Why didn't you wait for your brother?" I heard my dad whisper and then his hand was holding mine, is lips pressed a kiss on my knuckles

"Your papa is worried sick about you, you know? He said he was going to try and get back earlier than planned just to be here with you" he sighed

"Jayson, and your friends are outside waiting for news about you, I promised to tell them when you wake up, but it's been more than a week since you were beaten up by those boys"  What?

"So please kiddo, wake up. We miss you so much" he whispered and then I felt something warm land on my knuckles and I knew my dad was silently crying. Oh daddy I wish I could wake up, but it's too hard to do. My eyes won't let me open them. I miss you and the others too so much. My dad kept talking to me, pleading and telling me that everyone at school misses me and wishes for me to get better and that Derek, Kendall and Mitch were arrested for nearly killing me, that if it wasn't for Jake, I wouldn't have escaped with a few broken ribs or broken limbs.

"God, Noah, I can't lose you like I lost our parents" he sobbed and it hurt to hear him so broken like this.

"You're my baby brother Noah but I love you like a son, I can't lose you, please wake up"

!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!

"Still nothing?" I heard Jay ask

"No, but the doctors said that he's healing and that he'll wake up soon" dad replied, I heard shuffling before I felt a hand on my shoulder

"He baby brother" I heard my brother say

"I know you can hear me so I want you to know that our little group is not the same without you so you better wake up soon or we won't be the same without you" I wish I could just open my eyes and tell them that I'm sorry for making them worry about me, that I'm alright that I was just tired and I needed sleep but I can't.

"I'm going to get something to eat, I'll be back in 30 minutes" my dad said before he was walking out of the room.

"I'm glad dad's gone, because now I can tell you something that I've been hiding from you for a week" Jayson said, I wanted to furrow my brows in confusion but I was still too weak to even move my fingers or any other part of my body to let him and my dad know that I'm ok.