two;

____________________

Hazel leaves out the fact that it's a Halloween party until last minute

Hazel leaves out the fact that it's a Halloween party until last minute. She's already had me squeeze into a black lace dress that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination when she produces a pair of cat ears. She places them on top of my head and fingers my dark hair to fluff it out.

"There, perfect," she says as she steps back to admire her handiwork.

"Why didn't you tell me I would have to dress up," I groan as I reach for a pair of black thigh high stockings that are laid out on my bed.

Hazel tries to bat away my hand. "Because I knew you would've found an excuse to back out." She's definitely right about that one. "Now leave those, you don't need them."

"I most certainly do," I protest. "This dress is practically see-through and it's getting cold out."

She lets out a disapproving sigh but allows me to wear the socks. She's dressed in a Super Girl costume that has more fabric in the tiny cape than anywhere else. She looks gorgeous though, and she knows it.

We head out hand in hand and take a taxi across town to where the party is being thrown. The house we end up at is huge and packed with college students. The music is so loud that I can feel the bass rattling in my chest as we near the front door. Mia and Dominic are waiting for us outside and they both shoot us wide grins as we make our appearance.

"You actually came!" Mia squeals, jumping up from the steps to throw her arms around me. I hug her back, wobbling slightly in the heels Hazel insisted I wear. "You look absolutely stunning by the way, babe. I'm loving the cat ears."

"Thanks, you look pretty great yourself," I reply, and I'm not just saying it to be nice. Mia is dressed as an angel with a tight white halter dress complete with a halo and wings. Her eyelids shimmer in the streetlight with silver sparkles.

Dominic towers behind her dressed as a devil, of course since the two of them are an item, and he wiggles his thick eyebrows at me when I take notice of the costume.