thirty-four;

____________________

I fucking knew it. There was no possible way that Kelsey was pregnant, let alone that it was mine. I had her take three tests to be thorough, paid by yours truly of course, and they all came back negative.

"I don't understand," Kelsey murmurs, her eyes glassy. She sits in the passenger seat of my truck, staring blankly down at the clear as day "not pregnant" written on the latest test. "I must have lost the baby. Oh Alex, I'm so sorry. We can try again."

My jaw hangs open at her words. What the actual fuck? This girl is one hundred percent crazy. I make a mental note to look into getting a restraining order, and then push the thought into the back of my head while I focus on the shit show in front of me.

"Kelsey, no," I tell her sternly, doing all I can to mask the bubbling rage inside me. "We were never trying for a baby. We were never together. I'm out of ideas of how I can get that to stick in your head."

She wrinkles her nose at me and rolls her eyes. "But I stopped taking my pill and—"

"You what?!" I exclaim, swiveling in my seat to face her. "Kelsey what the fuck? You can't do shit like that. I always use condoms, but come on, that's just nuts. You can't just rope in some guy by lying to him."

She bats her eyelashes up at me innocently. "I don't see what the problem is, Alex. I don't have to take birth control."

"No, you don't, but you can't go around fucking lying about it." I've officially hit my limit. "You know what? Get out. I want you out of my truck. You can walk your fucking psycho ass home."

"Baby—"

"I don't know what the fuck kinda drugs you're obviously on, but I'm officially done. Get. The. Fuck. Out." I reach over her to open the passenger door. "Now."