Chapter 1: Kiara Fray

Hey guys! This is my 13th work and very first 'Mortal
instruments' fanfiction'. Any constructive criticism is welcome. But do remember that this is only loosely based on the TV show and books.

All the characters as well as the shadow world of course, belongs to Cassandra Clare. Except my oc Kiara Fray/ Fairchild. This is an Alec Lightwood fanfiction. There is obviously no Malec but Magnus Bane is still very much a part of the story.
____________________________________________

Chapter 1
Kiara Fray

Kiara Fray sat with her friend Simon, waiting for her twin sister.
She finally looked up from her book, a worn out copy of The Great Expectations.

"She should have been here by now." She said checking the time on her mobile.

"Why do you have your nose in that book again? You've read it before." Simon asked.

"I have." She admitted. "But it was a little more than a couple of years back. And I'm out of reading material. So I'm just re-reading a few books that I read a while back."

"Honestly, I can't get myself to read my course books and here you are with your nose in every book you can get your hands on." Simon said.

Kiara laughed. "Believe me, reading is a good pastime. Plus I need something to inspire my drawings."

"I don't get why you didn't apply with Clary. You're really good at drawing."

"I can't deny that. But for me, drawing is just something I calm myself with. I'm more into...other things." She shrugged.

Which was true, unlike her sister, Kiara wasn't stuck on a single hobby. She did a lot of things. She danced, read, wrote and so much more. Like her sister, Kiara was also amazing at art but undoubtedly Clary was a little better. But Clary was super good at drawing and that's about it, Kiara was good at everything she did, better in some things as compared to others.

"There she is." Simon said.

Kiara shut her book and kept it down. "Uh oh."

"Clary you're the best. There has to be some problem." Simon said as soon as he saw her face.

"I'm sorry Clars." Kiara said knowing how much this meant to her sister.

"Oh. It's okay." Clary said sadly, sitting down while throwing an envelope on the table.

"Oh my God, Clary you bitch!" Kiara said, her face breaking into a wide smile as she looked at the word 'CONGRATULATIONS' on the envelope.

"Sad face? Really, Fray?" Simon asked.

"Well, I'm the birthday girl. I get to have my fun." Clary said.

"Exactly. Which is why we are celebrating tonight." Simon said.

"Now you're talking." Kiara said, sitting up straighter.

"Ha ha." Clary fake laughed. "Kiara honestly speaking, you are split personality or something."

Kiara laughed. "Call it what you want. Partying is my thing."

"After the gig." Simon told them.

"Which reminds me, please change your band name Simon. It gives me weird thoughts. Like drunk monkeys." Kiara said.

Simon and Clary looked at her weirdly. "Drunk monkeys?" Clary asked slowly as if talking to a deaf person. "What?"

"People like you just can't understand." Kiara told her.

"Whatever."

"Hmm."
________________________________________________
Hope you guys liked it. It's a short chapter, I know. I'll write longer ones in future. Do comment, message, vote, follow and share.

(1) Do you guys like Kiara?
(2) What sort of relationship do you want between her and Clary?
(3) Anything you don't like?