Chapter 19: At Hotel DuMort

Hey guys. Hope you like this chapter. And thank you so much for all the support. This already has over 900 views in less than 3 weeks and I couldn't be happier!
__________________________________________
Chapter 19
Hotel DuMort

Clary turned to Jace. "Listen....when you saved my life...I put my trust in you." She started. "Now, I need you to put your trust in me. I can't turn- we can't turn into what you are overnight." She said, correcting herself midway when she noticed the look Kiara shot her.

"It's true." Izzy said. "They were raised as mundanes."

"What are you, their spokesman now?" Alec asked his sister.

"Hey! She's not a man!" Kiara said, giggling at the mental image of a manly Izzy.

She was ignored, though she did hear Jace's titter and notice Alec's eye roll and small smile.

"We don't need a spokesman. We need a plan." Clary said as if there had been no interruption.

Clary walked ahead as everyone followed her.

"Uh, look at all this stuff, these screens." She said, pointing towards all the screens. "I mean, can any of this help me find Simon?" She asked.

"Where is he, anyway? Some kind of crypt in Transylvania?" Kiara asked.

"Actually, no. That was Camille's outfit, right?" Jace asked Alec and Izzy. "They're the locals." He informed Kiara.

"They are at the Hotel DuMort, down in the Gansevoort Street." Izzy told.

"And we came back here?" Clary asked loudly. "Why? Let's go, now. Come on." 

"We need a Clave resolution for that." Alec said.

"The five of us can't declare war on the vamps all by ourselves." Izzy said.

"And we can't react without considering our options." Alec said. "Downworlders are slaves to their impulses. We're not."

"That's a bit racist, no blood-ist. All of them can't be bad. The guy was hot. And I'm sure witches and wizards arent bad." Kiara said.

"This isn't Harry Potter, Kiara." Clary snapped at her.

"But she's ridge about one thing." Izzy said. "Alec, you can't stomp on all the Downworlders."

"Oh, that's tight. Seelies have their charms, apparently." Alec said in a teasing tone, smirking.

"Right?" Jace asked in the same tone.

"Seelies?" Clary asked.

"Like faeries. The Fair Folk." Jace explained. "Add pixies, nixies, elves...anybody half Angel, half demon. It's pretty much a catch-all term.

"Izzy can tell you all about them. She's got a thing." Alec said, smirking and smiling at the same time.

Kiara couldn't help but let a huge smile spread on her face.

"We've all got our things, don't we?" Izzy asked with the same expression. Kiara could have sworn that Izzy's eyes flashed to her for a few seconds.

"Okay, I can't listen to this. Simon's been kidnapped by vampires." Clary said, breaking the happy spell. "I guess I'll just take care of it myself."

"Yeah right." Kiara muttered.

"Clary, you're going to get yourself killed." Jace said, voicing Kiara's thoughts as well. "Clary." He tried again. "Simon, too."

That seemed to get into her head as she stopped walking away and turned, coming back.

"Then help me. While we consider our options, my best friend is suffering." She said. "Is it something shadowhunters understand or am I just being a mundane?"

Jace, Izzy and Akex exchanged looks. "Clary's right." Jace said, finally.

Just then a phone rang. It was Kiara's ring tone. Clary held her phone out. "It was with me." She said. "It's Vihaan calling." She said.

These three words seemed to lighten up her mood. She took the phone and took the call.

"Who's Vihaan?" Alec asked Clary as Kiara said a bright but tired hello into the phone.

"Her best friend." Clary told.

The four shadowhunters listened to the one sided conversation.

"Did you find anything then?"

"I suppose so."

"Haven't tried."

"Yes, that's probably a good idea."

"And Natasha?"

"Ah, okayyy. Good good."

"I have no clue."

"It's a super long story, fill you in later?"

"That'll be a good time, yeah."

"Sure. See ya then."

"Awww. I love you too." She said. "Shut up. I know you love me alright. You need to tolerate it." Was the last thing she said before hanging up.

"What?" She asked everyone.

They all shook their heads, nothing except Alec who looked at her for a few more minutes before turning to the others.

"For the problem at hand-" he started.

"They made the first move. Now it's our turn. We can do this all by ourselves." Jace interrupted.

"This is a bad idea." Alec said.

Kiara out her phone in her pocket as she hoped Vihaan would find something more. There were a lot of other things that she needed to get out of her system. Time couldn't pass any slower. She knew that all she could do was wait until she could talk to Vihaan and/ or Natasha.
______________________________________________
I haven't been updating as much as I want I to because I'm too busy reading...lol.

Hey guys! How are you all? Hope you liked this chapter. If you did, vote and comment. Let me know your opinions of the story. Do share and follow as well. Feel free to text me whenever you wish to.