Chapter 7: Betrayal

Hey guys. This chapter will hopefully be longer than the last and probably the second update today.
Enjoy!
__________________________________________
Chapter 7
Betrayal

The two sister landed at the station and the entrance disappeared behind them.

"Oh my god." Clary said. "What's happening? I think I'm going crazy."

"Clars, I don't know what's up with you but mom clearly told us that this is all real. So we're sane. And also, out of all the things that have been happening today, this really isn't the weirdest." Kiara told her sister.

"Right now, we need to find Luke." She added, taking Clary's hand.

They were walking towards Luke's office when Kiara's sensitive ears heard something break in a room.

"Wait. Clars. Wait." She said, slowly opening the door.

"There's Luke." Clary said, spotting him with two other people.

"Shhh!" Kiara shushed. "Quietly."

The two crouched down on the stairs and hid behind the railing.

"You tell us where the cup is." They heard a woman's voice.

"I told you I have no idea where it is." Luke said. "And even if I did, I wouldn't just give it to you."

"If you give us the mortal cup, you can have Jocelyn and her daughters. No harm will come to them." A man's voice came.

"You can kill all three for all I care. But I do not have the cup, and if I find it then it's mind to keep." Luke said.

Kiara and Clary shared a look. This wasn't the Luke they knew. He had to care, right? All these years, it couldn't have all been an act.

"Oh, we will kill them. And hunt you down too, if we don't find the cup soon." The woman growled.

"I'd like to see you try to harm me. As for them, like I said before, kill them. I for one, couldn't care less." Luke snarled.

Kiara looked at Clary who was on the verge of tears.

"Clars." She whispered, offering her twin her hand. "Let's get out of here." She said. She gave Luke a final glance. "Come on."

The twin slowly walked out. Once safely out of the station, Clary burst out crying.

"He was the only fatherly figure in my life! Kiara, we trusted him so much. All our life and so much more. It's like everything we knew was a lie. How could he? Did he ever care? Or was he just sticking around for whatever it is these people want?" Clary asked.

"I honestly don't know what to say and/or believe Clars. As of now, I don't trust anybody." Kiara replied honestly.
______________________________________________
Hope you guys liked it. Well, it was just a few words longer than the lady but that really doesn't count. But sending update today, nonetheless.
Do vote, comment, share, follow and check out my other works.