Chapter 18: Arguments and Discussions

Hope you guys have liked this so far. Thank you so much for all the support you guys have been showing!
__________________________________________
Chapter 18
Arguments and Discussions

It wasn't long before they had reached the institute. Kiara had been looking at Alec after every few minutes and he had been ignoring her. Kiara just knew that he knew that she had been watching him and seeing no reaction from him made her upset. They had a good conversation in the Ciry Of Bones. And he had been quite pleasant to her since they met and she did not like this side of him. Specially for reasons she had no control over.

"I still don't understand. How van Shadowhunters be better than what you people call mundanes?" Clary asked. Kiara sighed, closing her eyes. She knew where this was going. She hoped Clary would just let it rest instead of playing the blame game and blaming everyone except the person who was most deserving of it.

"Because we protect humans." Isabelle replied firmly. Kiara wanted to yell at her that she gave the wrong answer because she knew that this was just the answer Clary was looking for.

"Ahh. You're right." Clary said. "Humans. You protect humans." She continued, turning around to face the others. "You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock." Clary said. Izzy turned her back to Clary, Alec ran his hands through his hair and Jace sighed. Kiara sighed, knowing that everyone was tired of Clary blaming everyone.

"Clary, Alec and Jace were with us inside the city. And Simon was alone in the van because Izzy was looking around for anything dangerous nearby. In case you didn't notice, Simon doesn't know how to fight, he would have been nothing but a liability if Izzy and found something. I accept that Vihaan and Natasha do not belong here. And if they end up around here, I would tell them to leave this place as soon as possible because they are unsafe in the shadow world. And they won't argue. They won't be happy about it, but they won't argue. Why can't you just accept that Simon is putting himself in danger? It was his fault more than anyone else's because he shouldn't have been here in the first place." Kiara told.

"At least somebody has an ounce of common sense." Alec said making Clary scoff.

"Alec, not now." Izzy said knowing that it was not a good time to start an argument.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon." Jace told Clary. "They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup and they think you have it."

"But why do they think that, why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, 'oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid it on, like, planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone'. What am I supposed to do?" Clary said.

"Clary...listen." Kiara started.

"No! You don't understand!" Clary said.

Kiara's eyes hardened. "Clary if you use your brain for once in you life, you'll learn that not everything is about you. In case you haven't noticed I had my life ripped apart as well. I more than understand. But mom did say that she hid it. Why would anyone who doesn't know us believe that we were lied to our entire life?" She asked.

"She's right." Jace said. "Valentine's men have been talking. And people have been hearing. Valentine's men are out for you two because of the cup. The others will naturally believe that you have it it at least know of it's location."

"What should we do?" Clary asked again, this time, calming down, understanding that an argument was the last thing they needed.

"We have to report to the Clave." Alec said.

"Great." Jace said sarcastically.

"They have to know all we've learned about Valentine." The former said.

"What, that he's our father?" Clary asked.

"They need to know that he has two daughters." Alec said. "One of whom all but confessed to be excellent at hiding things and keeping secrets."

Kiara's jaw dropped. He can't be serious.

"Great. For. Tell them." Clary said. "What good does that do Simon?" She questioned making Kiara scoff.

Kiara couldn't believe it. He all but called her a traitor and Clary was more concerned about him calling her a traitor doing no good for Simon.

"Clary it's all connected. The vamps want the cup." Jace said.

"Why?" She asked. "It creates new shadowhunters."

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself." Alec said.

"Plus, it controls demons." Izzy added.

"They'll propose a trade. Simon for the Cup." Jace said.

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade our mother for the Cup." Clary said. "Either way, I lose someone I love."

At this point, Kiara actually audibly groaned making Clary look at her.

"What?" Clary asked.

"Nothing." Kiara said. "Please continue."

"What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?" She said, making Kiara giggle.

"So this doesn't matter to you?" Alec asked.

"Yes, of course it matters!" Clary said.

Kiara laughed. "I don't know. It'll be pretty amusing to see Valentine wrestling a vampire for the cup and all the others joining in and fighting like dogs. Do you have werewolves? If they come, they will literally be fighting like dogs." She said.

"I'm glad you find this funny." Alec snapped.

"I'm glad that you're glad that I'm finding this funny." Kiara replied.

"Really, Kiara? Now is not the time for your jokes." Clary said.

"There's always time for my excellent jokes." Kiara said. "God knows I've wasted enough time since I arrived here."

Clary rolled her eyes and turned to Jace like Kiara never said a word.
______________________________________________
Hey guys. Hope you like it. Second update today! And a longer chapter so... XD
Anyways, hope you like the way I've made Kiara's character and yes, Alec and Kiara will have some issues for the next few chapters but it'll be worth it, I promise. Do vote, comment, share and follow. And give my other works a chance as well! Thanks!❤️