Chapter Fourteen

Madison stood in her  bathroom staring at the pregnancy test. She had taken one every morning  for the last week and they all came up with the same results. This  morning she had a doctor's appointment booked, with the hopes that the  test was coming out wrong. But first she needed to get ready for the day  and take the girls to school.

She grabbed onto her  clothes and quickly threw them on. Today Brandon had requested that she  meet him at his office building by noon. He hadn't told anything more  other than he had an announcement to make and wanted her to be there by  his side. He had however left clear instructions for her to wear a  business casual outfit. As a result she was now standing in front of the  mirror with skinny black dress pants, a cream blouse with red, yellow  and black flowers and a matching cream blazer. She brushed her hair over  her shoulder and did her face up with basic but elegant makeup.

"Mommy" Emma called "we  have to go". The mother in question couldn't hold back her laugh as she  grabbed her bag and left the room. Of all seven years the girls had been  alive she never once remembered them being excited about going to  school.

"What's the big hurry  about?" Madison asked getting the girls buckled into the car. Once they  were on the road the girls told her about the mad scientist that was  coming to class that day.

"We are going to do experiaments," Ella said excitedly.

"Experiments darling, there's no A in it" Madison giggled a little "but that sounds very fun. What are you going to learn?"

"The teacher said we are going to make silly putty," Emma said.

Ella quickly added "and have a paper airplane contest".

"You two are going to  have a really good time at school" Madison said pulling into the parking  lot. "Be good you two" she smiled back at the two girls. Within a blink  of an eye they were out the door and running towards their friends on  the playground. Madison's smile lasted only for a minute because her  thoughts shifted to her upcoming doctors appointment.

With a sigh she drove  towards the clinic. She was prepared to face any tests the doctor might  want to do, and in fact request for all tests. She shook her head trying  to get rid of the thoughts but they were persistent to stay. She  couldn't help but think about how this might affect everything. If she  were pregnant – well that would just change everything. What would the  Haywood's think of her? They already paid her to stay with Brandon, but  imagine if she was having a baby. They wouldn't want her to get rid of  it would they? Well that didn't matter, no matter how much money they  through her way she was going to keep her baby.

But she was jumping  ahead. There was no way she was having Brandon's baby. Those tests were  bond to be wrong. Her doctor would tell her the truth.

She pulled the car into a  nearby spot and parked. She grabbed her bag and headed inside. She had  been with this doctor since she got pregnant with Noah. She knew that  once the Haywood's found out they would demand she changed over to some  expensive doctor they trust. But she trusted Doctor Thomas with her life  and her baby's life. That is what mattered.

She entered the building  and signed in with a nurse. She waited for several minutes before she  was finally called back to on of the exam rooms. Given a robe to change  into she settled onto the table and waited.

"Hello Ms. Sweeney"  Susan Thomas a woman a solid ten years older than Madison walked into  the room "happy to see you here. But I do hope everything is okay". She  took a seat and held her clipboard with a pencil.

"I'm okay," Madison said twirling her thumbs around. She sighed a little trying to gather her confidence "but I am late".

Dr. Thomas glanced over at her "ah I see" she pulled out a drawer and removed a pregnancy test "have you taken one yet?"