Chapter Twenty

"I can't do this" Madison ran her hands down the burgundy knee length dress. It was loose fitting and wouldn't give her round belly away.

Isabelle clipped the light brown belt into place "oh honey don't worry, everything will go amazing. Robin Roberts is a close family friend of the Haywood's. She will be warm and welcoming. Plus it's a bonus you get to have me come long to help you get ready"

"The Haywood's is friends with Robin Roberts?" Madison asked in confusion. What were the chances that they were friends with a famous talk show host?

"Of course, she is a wonderful cook" Isabelle clipped on a thin gold chain necklace and helped Madison into knee high brown boots. "Now listen its going to be very simple. You'll go on stage with Brandon and you guys will sit down at the table with Robin. She'll have some kind of food ready that you guys will sample and then you'll just talk for about ten minutes, just getting to know each other. This is a way for the public to get to know you and Brandon as a couple. And it's a chance to announce your baby to everyone". Isabella finished off the final touches before taking a step back to look her over "today the focus is on family. So Brandon is going to talk about some family friendly activities and you are going to enter the kitchen with Robin to make a nice little treat".

"Sounds easy enough" Madison said taking a deep breath. She would be able to do this. It was only an hour of her time. And Brandon would be with her the whole time. So why was she so nervous?

"You look very nice today Madison" Rebecca said walking into the room. She had escorted the two of them to the show taping even though she wasn't going to be on it herself. She glanced at Isabelle; a smile on her face "would you mind giving us a few moments alone? Nothing to worry about, just hair and nails, those kind of things."

Isabelle smiled and stepped out of the room to leave the other two women alone.

Madison turned to face Rebecca "any last minute tips?" she asked hopefully but Rebecca just waved her off.

"Don't worry about that dear. You're going to do great in the interview," Rebecca said. "Besides I'm not here to talk to you about this interview".

"What is it?" Madison asked confused.

"We have gotten in touch with the blackmailer" Rebecca lowered her voice "he has agreed to meet with us for lunch this week. But he demands that you be there too".

Madison felt as though all the air was sucked out of her lungs "me? I have to be there?"

"That's what he said. If your not there then there is no deal". Rebecca reached forward and rested a hand gently on Madison's shoulder "we tried to talk him out of it but he is insistent. But dear you have nothing to be concerned about. John and I will be with you the whole time and we will do all the talking".

She slowly nodded and started to fidget with her dress trying to smooth it out a little more "yeah okay. I'll be there".

Rebecca smiled "everything will be alright dear. And you look lovely today".

"She sure does" Brandon said walking into the room. "You certainly look beautiful," he said with a low whistle and a small wink.

"Oh stop it" Madison blushed and looked away in embarrassment.

Rebecca laughed a little "I'll leave you two alone. I'll be in the front row watching you both. Good luck".

"Are you ready babe?" Brandon asked when he mother was out the door.

Madison took one final deep breath and nodded "as I'll ever be" she said locking arms with him.

"You'll do amazing" Brandon smiled and walked her out on stage. The audience cheered and clapped for the couple as they walked out together.