Chapter Twenty-Two

"Are you ready for the wildest eight year old birthday party you've ever been to in your entire life?" Brandon walked into the kitchen with his arms thrown high in the air. A beaming smile was plastered on his face and he possibly seemed more excited then the two birthday girls.

Madison laughed a little and flipped the final chocolate chip pancake – the one favorite food that the girls shared. "I think we are all ready but the main question should be if you are ready or not" Madison said placing the freshly cooked meal on the table. She took out chocolate sauce and maple syrup to add.

Ella sat at the table looking pleasantly happy with her life. With her little hand she reached forward and grabbed one of the large pancakes with her tiny hand. Usually Madison would have corrected her but with it been such a special day she decided to let it slide.

Emma however looked a little less excited about today. She spent more time playing with her food then eating it.

"Why such a glum looking face?" Brandon teased sitting next to his gloomy looking daughter "feeling down cause you're getting older?"

Emma gave a small shrugged and spread some Nutella on her pancakes. She took a few little nibbles.

"And I thought the negativity about age didn't start until you were at least thirty" Brandon said trying to lighten the mood.

Madison just shook her head at his pitiful attempt and then sat down to eat.

"So what are the pans today?" Noah asked curiously.

"Well we have a wonderful birthday party planned" Madison said, "It'll be a teddy bear tea party".

"A tea party for teddy bears?" Noah asked a little stunned.

Madison laughed and looked at her clueless son "the girls are going to build a bear, where they will as the name suggests build a bear and then we will be going the royal York hotel where we will have a child friendly high tea".

"High tea?"

Now it was Brandon who laughed, "You have so much to learn son". He smiled playfully "it'll be sweet tea and little sandwiches".

"Oh..." Noah trailed off a little "that sounds like fun".

His dad laughed again "then you have even more to learn than I thought you did".

"Well you guys hurry up" Madison said grabbing her plate "we need to get dressed and start heading out to pick the kids up".

"How many are coming again?" Brandon asked helping to clean the table.

"There are eight including Emma and Ella" Madison said "right girls? All your friends from school are coming".

"Isn't that exciting girls?" Brandon said smiling. He seemed to be smiling a lot these last few days.

Emma gave a small shrug but other than that there was no answer. Ella however nodded excitedly "I can't wait to make my bear. I'm thinking I might do a white polar bear".

"There are more than just bears at build a bear" Brandon chuckles "you can make a unicorn or a raccoon or just about anything you can dream of".

"Really?" Ella said beaming. Madison watched the girl's face as it light up even more than before. She never realized how much her children maybe missed out on because she was unable to afford things. Of course these things weren't actually needed to have a happy and successful life, but it would have been nice for her to be able to spoil her children – especially on their birthdays.