3. Samajh (Understanding)

A/N: Hola! I'm back! I hope you liked the previous chapter. So here's another one for you!

Without further adieu, the third chapter! Have fun!

*******************************

Lubna feeling Zubiya going limp in her arms shouted out as she patted her face, "Zubiya! Zubiya, my child.. please wake up! Someone bring water for her."

Gaiti quickly ran to the kitchen and brought a glass of water while Lubna aunty carefully sat on the carpet below and laid Zubiya in her arms. Usman kneeled down next to them and rubbed Zubiya's hand in his to get some warmth in them since he found them cold as ice.

"Asfi, I think she is going into panic mode. Her hands are really cold.. Please do something.." Usman looked up at his youngest son, almost begging him.

Asfandyar, stunned to see his father behave in such manner tried to reassure him, "Baba, she just fainted due to all of the stress that she has been feeling. She will be alright. Please don't worry. What she requires now is to sleep all the stress out and some food in her. Why don't we take her to the guest room?"

"Yes.. yes. Let's do that. Asfi, why don't you carry her to the room and lay her down?" Lubna asked Asfandyar.

"Ji Mama." Asfandyar said, squatting down to lift Zubiya's limp figure in his arms. For a fleeting moment as he looked down at her peaceful face, feeling her almost weigh nothing in his arms he felt overcome with the strange emotion once again. The strange protective one. Taking a deep breath he shook away his thoughts and strode forward towards the guest room with her in his arms.

*******************************
Zubiya slowly opened her eyes and looked around confusedly as she tried to remember how she had reached a stranger's bedroom. As she tried to put the pieces together.. blurry images wafted up inside her head... of her brother shouting at her about something.

She gasped, as everything cleared up in her head. Her brother throwing her out of the house.. her father staring off in another direction and not helping her. Remembering Asfandyar's address. Arriving at the Khans' house. Her mother's cousin brother. Crying into that strange woman's arms.

After that everything seemed blank to her. She looked up at the clock and realized that it has been 12 hours since she has been out of her house. She wondered if they were even thinking of her. Wondering about her. Worrying about her.

She shivered as she thought about where she would have gone if she hadn't this address. Would she even go back to that house ever again? No. She couldn't go to that house... after all the insults she had endured and being blamed for a sin she hadn't done. No, she can't.

Her mother's words rang in her head,

My child. Please do not ever be like me. Be someone you will be proud of. Be independent enough to not look up to anyone for anything. Be your own person. Not someone's daughter, sister, friend, wife or mother. Be you.

At that point of time she had wondered about what her mother had meant. But today, she finally understood the meaning. And she knew what she had to do next. She had to somehow complete her mother's dream.

She didn't know how she would accomplish.. only that she had to. Had to.

She was broken out of her reverie by the sound of a knock at the door. She looked up and saw the young girl peep in through the door. Once the girl saw that she was awake, she gave Zubiya a bright smile and stepped inside the room.

"Good morning! I am sorry, I couldn't introduce myself yesterday. My name's Gaiti. This is my mamo's house, well he is also my father-in-law now.. Me and Daniyal got married a year ago. Daniyal is the eldest son, if you are wondering. I am sorry, I know, I talk a lot. So do you want to have breakfast first or get freshened up? Everything is ready.. what you need. Fresh towel, soap and other toiletries..." Gaiti continued speaking but was interrupted by a Zubiya as she softly pressed Gaiti's hand.

"Thank you. I don't have the exact words to express my gratitude towards you and your family to letting me stay for a night. I have no idea... why I even came here after- after... What I expected from you people... But I felt like coming here was the right thing... I still have my doubts because I don't want to tarnish your family with my presence..." Zubiya spoke but was interrupted by Usman who was standing at the door listening to her.

"Well, you think wrong. Your presence will never tarnish our family. Because you are a part of it now." Usman said as he entered the room and sat on the bed across from Zubiya.

"How can I... I didn't even know you before.." Zubiya whispered as she stared at the man in front of her.

"But I do know you. I feel like I have known you from your birth. Because Ma-talat has kept me updated about everything of you and Rehan. And I hope I'm not wrong but you like tea strong in the morning and in the evening you prefer coffee?" Usman asked her to which Zubiya gave him a teary smile and nodded.

"Jee. You are right..." Zubiya said.

"Mamo. You can call me mamo. Now, I want you to freshen up and have breakfast with us. And then we have some very important things to discuss. Okay?" Usman stood up and found Zubiya trying to blink off tears.

Zubiya nodded once again as she was momentarily unable to speak.

Usman gave her a final smile and left the room. Gaiti gave her a short hug and followed him out.

Zubiya sat back, tears running down her cheeks as she thought about how lucky she was. She had just lost two of her family members and in return she had gained another relative that she had been unaware of this whole time.

She looked up and thanked her god and mother for looking out for her.

*******************************

P.S: Okay! So, there goes another chapter. Hope you will like this one as well even though it isn't much. It's somewhat of a filler but necessary to move forward in the story.

Please don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter.

Night. Love! ♥♥♥