8. Anokha (Special)

A/N: Hey there, peeps. How are you guys? I am done with my exams now.... YAY! (throwing sprinkles in the air). Haha. Okay. I am cool. Now I can totally give my total undivided attention. Hope so. Anyways.... let's see why Faryal's here, shall we now?

*******************************

Zubiya walked forward as Faryal followed her and Gaiti to Gaiti's room.

Gaiti talked non-stop about the environment, the things that were different now in Pakistan while Faryal hummed non-committedly. Now and then, her eyes would follow Zubiya, which she would ignore.

She heard Faryal, whisper to Gaiti, "Who is she?"

Gaiti who stopped talking and hesitated for a moment, not knowing how to explain everything about Zubiya. She seemed lost and finally looked towards Zubiya who was staring them, waiting for Gaiti to answer. When Zubiya saw Gaiti hesitating, she walked towards Gaiti and Faryal and answered, "Your father and Usman uncle were maternal cousins of my mother. My mother has just recently passed away and since I don't have any other relatives Usman uncle has asked me to live here."

Faryal having nothing to say just uttered out, "Oh. I am sorry to hear about your loss."

"It's alright." Zubiya replied, giving her a slight smile.

"Okay! Come on, let's take a stroll outside. Faryal, now tell us how do you feel about coming to Pakistan permanently after living abroad for these many years....." Gaiti lightly asked Faryal as she dragged both of them outside towards the lawn.

"Gaiti bhabi, wait! Let me freshen up first... and then I'll join you both, okay?"

"Okay, miss! But come fast! I hardly get any time to spend with you... You are always busy with your college and then the kindergarten school." Gaiti said as she slightly pouted at Zubiya who laughed and hugged her tightly.

"I am so sorry, bhabi. I'll definitely make it up to you. Okay, why don't we plan something? Let's go for an outing tomorrow.. We'll take Faryal for some shopping, and then lunch... Then.. we'll watch a movie and just go for a long drive. Just us three. Okay? You okay with the plan, Faryal?" Zubiya asked Faryal on a whim as Gaiti bhabi squealed and grabbed her in a side-hug.

"Okay... I'm game.. But.. kindergarten school?" Faryal asked as she looked at her confusedly.

"Zubiya teaches at a government kindergarten school after she is done with her classes at her college. I'm whining that I don't see her much. I fear the day she will get admission in a medical college. I'm sure she won't do much other than go to college, study, work and sleep. Am I wrong?" Gaiti asked Zubiya, as she raised an eyebrow at her.

"Ye- I mean, No! I'll surely manage something.." Zubiya stuttered as she lightly shrugged her shoulders at Gaiti, who laughed and pulled her into a side-hug again.

"I'm sure you will do. I have full faith in you!" Gaiti said.

Faryal smiled at the pair wistfully and chuckled lightly.

"Bhabi, why don't you give Faryal some company.. Let me just get freshened up first and then I will join you both again." Zubiya then quickly turned to start heading back to the house when she smacked straight onto a body, the force making them both fall to the ground.

Zubiya's eyes clenched shut automatically as she felt herself falling along with the other person. She gasped as they hit the ground and breathed in the familiar scent from the shirt she had grabbed a hold of tightly.

Asfandyar.

She could recognize that scent anywhere.

As they both laid on the ground huffing out short breaths, she slowly unclenched her eyes and took a peek at Asfandyar. He seemed to be knocked out of breath as he stared above. His expression gave away his thoughts which were similar to her - What the hell happened?