23. Yaqeen (Trust)

A/N: Hey there. Here's the next chapter!

Hope you are ready for some cheesiness. 😌

**************************************

"Oh god, what do I do about this man? Look at what he has done to the room! I am unsure he brought me home as his wife. He probably thought 'Marriage will get him a free assistant, so I shall marry now!' Useless!" Zubiya ranted as she picked up the clothes that were strewn all around the room. "Just look at him! The way he is so picky about his clothes and looks... its as if someone at the hospital is going to ogle at his looks instead of doing their work!".

The reason Zubiya was extra-perturbed by her husband's carelessness was because of the above-sweetly-mentioned person's new assistant who had joined their hospital the previous month.

How much ever she tried to solace herself while looking at the new assistant ogling coyly at her husband, she felt a sudden urge to growl at her (with all the bared-teeth) and put her hand over Asfand's chest while claiming aloud - Mine.

She didn't realize but she stood still in her position in the middle of the bedroom with her glaring vindictively down at Asfand's shirt that was tightly crumbled between her fingers. She mindlessly twisted imagining it was her head.

Asfand tiredly entered his and Zubiya's room but stopped short. He blinked a few times as he confusedly stared at Zubiya who stood in front of him twisting his shirt.

What on earth-?

He was about to ask her when he noticed the expression on her face. He was caught off-guard because he - in two years of their marriage, five years of courtship and another two years of acquaintance - had never seen his wife look so... so vile. He had to pinch himself to check if this was another nightmare of his. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

Was she possessed?

He gulped.

God, Asfand. This is not the time to fear your wife. If something happens I'll just call for mum. Yes. Mum's the word.

Reassuring himself, he slowly walked towards Zubiya. His hand shook slightly as he covered her tight fists with his palm.

Zubiya jumped slightly as felt a hand cover her fists. As she came to her senses her eyes fell into those of her worried husband. She felt all the anger vanished from inside her at that very moment.

This is her husband. Her best-friend. Her savior. Her guard-angel.

Her everything.

Her lips curved into a soft smile, eyes crinkling at the corner.

Asfand let out a sigh of relief and finally smiled at her widely. He was seeing her almost 12 hours. His wide smile slowly turned into a grin and he slowly started to chuckle out loud which quickly turned into a full-out belly laugh. He bent at his knees as continued laughing while Zubiya looked at him bewilderedly.

"What's wrong with you?! Why are you laughing after looking at me - Am I looking funny to you?!" Zubiya exclaimed as she confusedly checked her reflection on the wall-mirror beside her.

Asfand shook his head as continued to laugh much to Zubiya's annoyance. She narrowed her eyes at him and folded her arms as she waited for him to explain.

"When I turned the room and saw you- no, not you. The expression on your face! I thought that you were possessed!" Asfand gasped out through his chuckles.

Zubiya stared at him disbelievingly but didn't say anything in reply.

As Asfand's hilarious moment died down he pulled Zubiya with him as he sat with a soft thump on his bed.