13. Waqt (Time)

A/N: Here I am! And. Here I am! 🤗

Let's get ahead, ppl!

*******************************

Zubiya stood at her balcony and gazed down at the lawn.

Time

That's what she had asked for.

She still had a hard time in believing that that conversation had actually taken place between her and Asfand.

She desperately wished she had someone to talk to about such matters. She suddenly felt a desperate longing for her mother. Her mother would have definitely helped her make the right decision. She would've known what she should do in such situations.

She sighed heavily and looked up at the clear sky.

Why did you leave me, Ma? Why? I need you, Ma. I need your help..

"Zubi?" Zubiya straighted up as she heard her name being called out. She quickly wiped the remnant tears from her face and turned back, acting as normally as she can.

"Ji, Gaiti bhabi. Did you call me?" Zubiya asked Gaiti with a strained smile on her face.

Her smile slightly faltered as Gaiti looked at her closely while walking in to the room towards her as if she was trying to read something on her face.

"Were you crying, Zubiya?" Gaiti asked softly and held her face between her palms.

"N-No, bhabi.. It's just that my eyes are watering because of the windy air. And I've been standing in the balcony for a very long time." Zubiya lightly lied to her.

Gaiti bhabi watched her closely and then shook her head as she stated simply, "You're lying, Zubi."

And then Gaiti bhabi pulled her inside and made her sit on the bed while she quickly made her way to the door and locked the knob. She came back to the bed and sat in front of Zubiya, legs crossed with a pillow on her lap.

"Okay, now. Spill. I'm listening." Gaiti stated.

Zubiya, stunned stared at Gaiti bhabi with mouth agape.

"Bhabi, I'm- " Zubiya tried to speak but was interrupted.

"Don't you dare say that you're 'alright'." Gaiti bhabi interrupted her as she made quotation mark signs with her hands. "I can see right through you, Zubi. And do you know what I've found? I've found that something's really bothering you. So, please don't try to deny it. It's not going to work with me. And if you don't trust me enough to share your pain with me, you can tell me right now. To my face. I'll back off and will not trouble you again. I promise."

Zubiya stared at Gaiti bhabi for a minute and then letting her arms fall around her helplessly, she sat with downcast eyes sighing heavily.

"He proposed to me." Zubiya finally whispered slowly, her cheeks turning a crimson shade as she remembered the conversation they had the previous day.

"Oh my god, you're blushing. And he - he, who?!" Gaiti bhabi whisper exclaimed, moving her head closer to Zubiya in excitement.

"Asfand." Zubiya whispered back, not taking her eyes away from her lap as she waited for Gaiti bhabi's reaction.

Gaiti stayed silent as she stared at Zubiya's downcast head. She opened her mouth numerous times to say something but had to close it again because for once she didn't have a single thing to say.

She couldn't believe that she had no idea of this! How could she not know that Asfand liked Zubiya?!

Zubiya finally looked up to see Gaiti bhabi looking at her with a wide smile on her face.