19. Silli Silli Hawa - Part I

Hola everyone, I hope you liked the last chapter.

I had already thought of how today's chapter would be along these lines but after little Zainab's tragedy (may Allah grant her jannat), I've decided to pay a little tribute to her and every girl like her. This one is for them.

So, without waiting let's just move ahead!

**************************************

Gaiti bhabi's due time came closer and there was just about a couple weeks left before the new member joined their family for which they were really excited. And it showed as one entered their house because it was filled with Baby items - some gifts received in the Baby shower and some gifts which constantly kept arriving everyday from distant relatives.

Asfand guilty for accusing Zubiya had tried to make amends to her. But he failed because Zubiya ignored him each time. She had changed her roaster times as such that she wouldn't have to come in contact with him.

One such morning Asfand had stepped out of his room as he blearily rubbed his eyes and tripped hard on a box and fell on the ground.

"OW! SHIT!" Asfand exclaimed as he clutched at his sore toe and cursed at the house-workers.

As he sat on the floor and rubbed his sore thumb he didn't realize another person's presence as she stood watching him.

Zubiya had finished her shift and was climbing the stairs to her when she heard Asfand's cry and decided unwillingly to take a peek at him. She knew she was going against her promise to herself to never talk to him... but she just couldn't help it.

She found him on the floor clutching his feet with his eyes closed and mumbling curses at the house-workers.

A bad dancer always blames the stage.

She mentally rolled her eyes. She must have made a sound in annoyance when Asfand snapped his head toward her.

"Zubiya!" He gasped out and started stammering. "I- The house is filled with so many stuffs.. I just tripped and fell.." Asfand tried to pick himself again when he stumbled slightly and Zubiya's body automatically moved forward as if to catch him. But mid-step she stopped herself. She was so in-tune with him that she forgot she was supposed to be angry with him.

Asfand took a couple of steps towards her when she turned around and walked away towards her room with a huff. Leaving Asfand to sigh and stare at her retreating figure with nothing but melancholy in his eyes.

**************************************

Another week later

Zubiya sat alone as she gazed at the sky. She had missed coming to the terrace.. the peace that she felt coming up here.. after talking to him... But she chose a different day to come up here. She knew Asfand had night duty today. But the main reason was she needed some fresh air. As she suddenly felt a bit claustrophobic in her own room. She wanted to watch the sky right above her. To feel that her mother is watching over her.

Today she missed her mother's presence quite a lot as her heart felt heavy.. not for herself though. Not because Asfand doubted her. But generally for all the female generations on this earth.

For every single woman out there on this earth. For her mother. For herself as well and other future girl-children that maybe born. She kind of even agreed with what the mother of her patient said today. That women shouldn't even exist on this planet. And if they do, they should be killed when they are born.