17. Bittersweet - Part II

Here I am! Here I am! Back with a new chapter!

Do read 'Jo Socha Na Tha' by traveler_2001! She is a new writer so shower her with some love. 🌟

So, let's get ahead then! 😊

**************************************

"Zubiya- are you alright?" Asfand asked. He was getting wondering what could be the reason that she would fear to discuss with him.

He couldn't even contemplate that she would ever fear him. God, please no. He would never be that type of husband that a wife would fear. Never.

"Asfand." He heard Zubiya choke out almost in tears.

"Zubiya, get ready - I'm coming. I'll pick you up in 15 minutes." Asfand said in the phone and ended the call.

Asfand quickly found one of his colleague and informed him that he was signing out for the day and would make-up the rest of the shift on another day.

As he walked out of the hospital and towards his car he realized what a fool he had been.

He had let silence seep between him and Zubiya. He had been so busy in his duty and after seeing her busy as well he had thought it was best for her to let her rest instead of spending time with her. He had presumed without considering what she might want. And she wasn't the type of person to take the first action. She must have thought that he would mind if she were to call him during his duty hours.

Damnit. He needs to sit down and discuss with her about this topic thoroughly. Before he had never required to share his duty schedules with anyone. Not even his mother. But now Zubiya, who was his fiancé, and is going to become his wife in a year deserved to know. He needed to let her in and share everything with her. Or else how would he expect her to do the same with him?

**************************************

As Asfand pressed down on his horn, Zubiya came opened the main gate and stepped out with a tiffin box held between her hands.

Letting Gaiti bhabi into his plan was a good idea. She must have suggested Zubiya to pack some food for themselves. He hadn't realized how hungry he was in the hurry but seeing the tiffin box he felt his stomach grumble with hunger.

"Assalamulaikum." Zubiya wished as she entered the car and finally looked at him after closing the door.

"Walaikum-Assalam. How are you? Thanks for bringing some food... I didn't realize I was hungry until now."

"I'm good. Gaiti bhabi suggested that you might not have had lunch so I should make something for you." Zubiya said, smiling slightly at him.

"So, what did you prepare for me?" Asfand asked as he started up the car and started driving.

"In the short time that you had allowed I was unable to prepare anything other than some mac and cheese. I haven't even tasted it so I haven't got any idea how it has turned out to be." Zubiya said, shrugging her shoulders.

"It's prepared by you. I'm sure it will be good." Asfand said as gave her a wide smile.

"Yeah, sure.." Zubiya mumbled as she looked forward. "So, where are we going?"

"You haven't visited the Rawal Lake have you? We are just heading over there for a visit."

"Okay.." Zubiya said softly as she glanced back at Asfand, who seemed a bit nervous.

After a few minutes of silence, Asfand cleared his throat loudly as he glanced at Zubiya nervously.

"So, why don't I taste the food you prepared? It's an another one hour drive. I don't think I can survive another hour without having anything. Did you have your lunch by the way?" Asfand asked her.