9. Frozen

A/N: Okay! Back with a new chapter. Sorry for the long wait.

Let's get ahead shall we?

*******************************

Recap:

Zubiya nodded her head as she slowly answered the call and spoke, "Gaiti bhabi?"

"Zubiya, where are you?! I have been waiting for you in your room for about 15 minutes! Where are you?!" Gaiti bhabi exclaimed.

Zubiya's eyes widened as she looked up at Asfandyar who had the expression on his face.

Oops!

*******************************

"I think I should go now... before  she suspects anything." Zubiya nervously said to Asfand who unwilling nodded.

"Yes. You better go now. I'll follow you later." Asfand told Zubiya who nodded her head in agreement. Giving him an apologetic smile, she turned and ran down the stairs and into the house.

Asfand sighed heavily as he leaned against the handrail, staring at the sky as he thought-

Maybe next time.

*******************************
Zubiya quickly tiptoed up the stairs and ran to her room. As she stood at her door she gasped for air. She quickly righted herself to not seem as if she has run through a marathon. She took a deep breath and opened her door to find not only Gaiti bhabi but even Faryal in room. They had switched on the television in her room and were currently watching Dilwale Dulhaniyan Le Jayenge.

Both of them looked up to her as she entered the room.

"Where were you, Zubiya? We are almost finished with the movie!" Gaiti bhabi whined while Faryal looked at her with inspecting eyes.

"Um.. I was just taking a stroll at the terrace. You know how I love to sky-watch, don't you? Anyways.. how did Daniyal bhai let you away from him tonight? Hmm?" Zubiya teased her back in order to divert attention from her.

"Huh. As if he would let me come if I had asked for his permission?" Gaiti scoffed as she smirked.

Zubiya flopped on bed next to her and asked quizzically, "Then? How come- ?"

"I just told him we have a girls' night tonight. That's it!" Gaiti said smugly as she saw both Zubiya and Faryal watch her with disbelief.

Gaiti laughed hard as she watched their expression and exclaimed, "You both will get my point only when you will be married. Don't you worry your pretty little heads now! Let's watch the movie!"

Zubiya stared at the TV screen as she thought over what Gaiti bhabi said. Marriage was something she hadn't given a thought about since her incident. But when she thought about it now... She slightly gasped as Asfand's face came into her vision.

No.

Oh God. What am I thinking?

She was startled out of her thoughts as her phone beeped with a message.

She smiled softly as she read Asfand's sms:

I just came into my room right now. Hope you're not in any trouble! Be safe.

*******************************

It was a Friday afternoon and everyone was enjoying and just talking among each other after they were done with their lunch.

Daniyal bhai had been forced to spend time with them despite him being busy with his case.

Gaiti bhabi nudged Zubiya as she signaled her to bend her head towards her.