Chapter 1

Just a quick introduction chapter!❤️

                      Adrian

"Mr. Hafler!" My sectretary, Sarah calls behind me as I climb onto the glass elevator. I just left a meeting with another loud businessman who wanted nothing but to buy out my company.

"Yes?" I reply, turning around to face the blonde woman who was sitting at the wooden desk. I glance over her appearance, taking in the sight of her silky white blouse, which is covered by a maroon cardigan, and a pair of black pants. She's sitting down, holding the telephone in one hand.

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Adrian. Adrian Hafler. Founder and CEO of Haf Architectural Services, one of the largest architecture companies in the world. By the age of 14, I'd already graduated high school; to which, I moved on to study architecture and engineering at Stanford, eventually going on to start my own architecture company at 19. Now, here I was, 26, trying to make it in this world.

"Mrs. Jones is waiting for you when you get up to your office," she tells me, letting a smile spread across her dark red lips. I nod and continue my journey into the elevator. Not long after, I was pushing open the door to my office.

"Adri!" I heard a high pitched voice squeak. I didn't have to look up before I knew who it was; my best friend and twin sister, Dakota Hafler-Jones. I smiled down at her, and wrapped my arms around her tiny body. Her curly brown hair hung down her back, perfectly framing her tan, round face. She looked up at me with her chocolate brown eyes, which were opposite to my icy blue ones. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, cupcake! How was your trip?"

"Oh it was fantastic," Dakota beamed, plopping down on the white loveseat in the corner of my office my office. She kicked her sneakers off and rested her feet on the armrest. Dakota had recently come back from a two week long trip to Europe with her wife, Naomi.

"You know, I didn't get this furniture for you to be abusing it," I sighed, taking a seat behind my desk.

"Well that's too bad, now isn't it, little brother?" Dakota gave me her signature smirk that drove me crazy.

"Just shut up and move your feet!" With a roll of the eyes, I knocked her legs off of the arm rest. "And don't call me 'little.' You're only older by six minutes."

"Best six minutes of my life!"

"Oh shush!" I pouted as I turned my desktop computer on, watching as documents, social media sites, and games popped up on the screen. "What the hell are you even here for?"

"I came to bring you lunch," the brunette haired girl smiled before bringing a plastic container out of her bag and placing it on my desk. "It's some pasta that I made last night!"

"Sounds delicious. Thanks, b*tch," I snatched the container from her and placed it onto my desk, immediately digging into the meal. "This is f*cking glorious!"

"You like it?"

"I love it. You learned how to make this in Italy?"

"No! I actually learned how to make it in London. We went to this local family owned restaurant called 'Angelo's' and they gave us the recipe for it. But mine isn't as good as theirs."

"I wish I could try it," I pouted, regretting the fact that I could not join Dakota and Naomi on their trip to Europe. They'd invited me two weeks prior however due to a heavy schedule, I wasn't able to make it.

"I heard that they're gonna expand their business to America soon. Not sure where though."

"Hm...guess we'll find out soon," I gave her a shrug, signifying that I didn't care about the topic anymore. We continued to talk for a while about our lives over the past few weeks before she decided to get up and leave.

Soon enough, it was my time to leave. It was around 7 o'clock and everyone else had already left he building. The only people left were the janitors who were mopping the floors in the lobby. I gathered my things, pulling on my jacket before shutting my computer off and grabbing my briefcase. I exited my office and made my way downstairs to my matte black 2017 Maserati Granturismo.

On my way to my house, I stopped at the local supermarket to pick up a few things. I spent a few extra minutes staring at the attractive cashier before taking my bags and leaving. It wasn't long before I arrived at my house. It was nothing too fancy, just a small, two bedroom, modern house on the outskirts of the city. Fit perfectly for a bachelor like myself. As I entered the house, I could hear the loud footsteps of my beautiful puppy, Riot. It wasn't long before I spotted his small tan body running towards me. I immediately scooped him into my arms and placed a kiss on his head.

"Hi baby!" I smiled, carrying him into the large kitchen where his food bowl was. I placed him back on the ground and grabbed the fresh bag of food I'd just picked up from the store. "You hungry?" Judging by the way he began to wag his tail and run around the kitchen, he was excited to be receiving his dinner.

Deciding to leave him alone for a while, I headed upstairs and took a quick shower, dressing myself in nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants. I climbed into my bed and turned on a Netflix movie. Moments after, Riot came running into my bedroom and climbed onto the bed, settling himself into my arms.

"Goodnight, Rye," I grinned at the adorable furball and kissed his head before allowing myself to fall asleep to the noise of the television.