Chapter 21

*Eight Months Later*

                        Luna

I wake up to the sound of soft voices speaking from television

I wake up to the sound of soft voices speaking from television. Slowly, my eyes flutter open and I take a look at my surroundings. Adrian is sitting next to me, typing on his laptop as he, from what I assume, answers business emails. I blink a few times before I sit up in the bed. Adrian, who now notices that I'm awake, looks at me and gives me a warm smile. "Good morning, baby."

"Morning," I greet, climbing out of the bed. I head into the bathroom where I quickly release my bladder and do my hygiene routine. I make my way back into our bedroom and slide back into the bed, curling into my boyfriend's side. Adrian slips his arm around me, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead. "You're working again?" I look up at him.

"Aren't I always?" he chuckles, giving me a gentle squeeze. "I'm just taking care of a few emails before we start preparing for the picnic."

"Oh right I forgot," I sigh, thinking about the picnic we're supposed to be having at the park. I can hear the sound of small footsteps pattering down the hallway, towards our bedroom. Before I know it, Riot runs into our room and hops on our bed, excitedly. I open my arms and grab the puppy, placing a kiss on his head. "Hi, baby!"

"How come he gets such an exciting greeting?" Adrian mumbles to himself.

"Because I love him. And he's the cutest little baby in the world," I gush, giving Riot a belly rub. Adrian gives me a blank stare before rolling his eyes and going back to his computer. I grab Riot into my arms before standing up out of the bed. "Come on, Riot. Let's go prepare for the picnic while Daddy does some work."

"Kiss?" Adrian looks up at me. I lean down and softly kiss his lips before making my way downstairs into the kitchen with Riot. Before starting anything, I fill up Riot's bowl with food and water, allowing him to finally be able to eat. I pull out a few different fruits and begin to chop them up and put them into containers. After I'm finished with the fruit, I make a small variety of sandwiches. I pack a few more snacks along with beverages and doggie treats before closing the picnic basket.

Once I'm finished I head over to the couch and begin to watch television while allowing time to pass. Soon enough, I hear Adrian coming down the stairs. He walks over to where I am and plops down on the couch, resting his head in my lap. "Did you finish all of your work?" I question, running my fingers through his messy hair. Adrian nods and gently presses his lips to my belly, causing me to flinch. "Babe!"

A soft chuckle escapes Adrian as he lifts himself from my body and stands up. "Come on. Let's go get ready," he says, pulling me up. We make our way up the stairs where we go into our shared bathroom and begin to get ready for the day. We both hop into the shower, taking turns washing our bodies up. Once we're finished showering, I head into our bedroom and start to moisturize myself. Adrian cracks a few jokes from the bathroom as he shaves, causing a stunt in time as he distracts me. Soon enough, both Adrian and I are dressed in brightly colored clothing for the spring time.