Chapter 28

Adrian

"You called?" Tia raises an eyebrow as she pokes her head into my office

"Yeah. Is Gio here with you?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Um...if I say yes, will I be in trouble?"

"Yeah, I'll fire you."

"Then no, he is not here with me."

I glare at her. "You already know the rules, Tia," I scold her. "Do I have any more appointments for the day?"

"You took your video conference with Mr. Clark already?" she asks me. I nod my head as I look through the file I'd just created on a call with a client. "Then you're all good for the day."

I glance at my watch. "Great! I have to go get Luna's family from the airport so I'm gonna head out."

"They're in town for the opening?"

"Yeah. Luna's cooking dinner for us tonight and then they're staying in a hotel."

"How cute," she smiles.

"I'm coming down to the employee level before I leave so I'll see you in like ten minutes," I tell her. She nods her head and exits my office as I begin to clean up my desk area and organize files into their correct drawers. I shut down my computer and slip my laptop and notepad into my bag. Once I'm fully prepared, I exit the office and head down to the employee level of the building. The loud laughter and chatter of the employees quickly dies down as I step out of the elevator. My eyes widen as I look around at them. "Why are you being so quiet? I'm not going to fire you for having fun."

"How are you doing, Mr. Hafler?" One of the employees asks. "You need something?"

"I'm doing great!" I smile. "I just came to say goodbye for the weekend!"

"You're leaving?"

"Yep!" I nod my head. "The next time I enter this building I will be an engaged man."

"Seriously?!" Another one of the employees asks. "You're proposing to Luna?"

"Yes and I'm very nervous so don't ask me any questions!" I laugh and walk over to Tia, who stands at the snack table, trying to decide on whether she should eat an apple or a bag of potato chips. I sneak up behind her and grab her shoulders, "Get the chips" I say into her ear causing her to jump.

"Adrian! Don't do that!" she squeals, punching me in the shoulder.

I roll my eyes and chuckle. "I'm heading out now. I just came to say goodbye before I left."

"You usually never do this. What's got you in such a good mood?"

"I got all of my work done, and I get to meet my new nephew tonight. I have no reason to not be in a good mood," I grin.