Chapter 12

Pls leave some comments/feedback so I know what you guys would like to see!

                         Luna

"What have you been doing?" I ask Gio over FaceTime. He gives me a bright smile as he focuses the camera on his face.

"Literally nothing," He says. "I never thought I'd be so bored without you."

"Aw, does someone miss me?" I tease.

"I really do," he laughs. "But you obviously don't miss me since you don't like to update me on your life."

I furrow my brows in confusion as I brush the yellow nail polish against my toenail. "What are you talking about?"

"When were you planning on telling me that you have yourself an American boyfriend?"

"Who told you that?!" I gasp, almost dropping the nail polish from my hands.

"Anna," he answers, a smirk on his face. "She said she walked in on you getting nasty with a man in your bed."

My jaw drops at his response. "I was not getting nasty! We were just making out!"

"Mhm. Whatever you say, Luna," Gio rolls his eyes. "Anyway, were you just not gonna tell me that you have a boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend," I blush. "He's just a friend..."

"Right," he nods his head. "Because all friends make out in bed."

"Shush, Gio!"

"Do you like him?"

I bite my lip to hide the grin that was forming on my face as I nod my head. "I really like him...a lot..."

"And I'm sure he likes you back so why aren't you guys together yet?"

"We haven't talked about that. We just kissed and stuff..."

"I need to meet this guy before you start dating him."

"I'll call you when I'm with him and you can meet him," I suggest.

"No. I'm coming over there."

"Over where?" My eyes widen.

"To America. I need to meet this boy who is taking my best friend away. I also just wanna see you."

"Normally I would say no but you're lucky I miss you," I giggle.

"I'll be there on Saturday, okay?"

"Sure thing. I'll talk to you later, Gio," I smile and hang up. I close up my nail polish and waddle my way into the bathroom to shower. Once I'm finished with my hygiene routine, I throw on a pair of black skinny jeans with a pastel pink sweatshirt. As I slip on a pair of white vans, I use my phone to order an Uber. I grab an iced coffee from the fridge before going to wait for my ride on the couch.

Before I know it, I get the notification that my ride has arrived. I grab the two trays of left over cupcakes from last night and head out of my hotel. Soon enough, I'm pulling up in front of Adrian's company. As I walk inside, I say hello to the workers in the lobby who I've become acquainted with. I get onto the elevator and make my way to the top floor. When I arrive, I walk to the employee space and look around at the unfamiliar area. Everyone is sitting in their own cubicle, working. I notice a familiar face standing near the main security desk on the floor. "Hi, Tia," I smile as I walk up to the brown skinned woman.

"Oh! Mr. Petit!" Tia smiles at me. "Mr. Hafler isn't in right now. He's in a meeting."

"Oh that's okay!" I grin and place the cupcakes on the table. "I brought cupcakes for all of the employees!"