Chapter 20

Adrian

"I'm heading downstairs, babe," I tell Luna and kiss his forehead as he continues to look through his closet

"I'm heading downstairs, babe," I tell Luna and kiss his forehead as he continues to look through his closet. I make my way out of the bedroom and downstairs, into the living room. I spot Mrs. Petit sitting on the couch, combing through Willow's light brown curly hair. As I walk into the room, Willow spots me and waves. I'd met her the morning that I had arrived at the house.

"Hey, Adrian," she greets me. Mrs. Petit looks at me with a smile before going back to doing her daughter's hair.

"Hi, Willow. Hi Mrs. Petit," I say, taking a seat on the other couch.

Mrs. Petit looks at me again, this time her smile is much wider and much warmer. "Adrian, you can call me by my first name. You're apart of the family now."

"Really?" I question, my eyes widening. That was quicker and easier than I expected.

"Of course," Luna's father says as he enters the room. He places a kiss on his wife's forehead before taking a seat next to her on the couch. I sit there, stunned for a bit as they let out a light laugh.

"Thank you," I tell them, finally being able to stumble out a few words. Willow giggles and grabs a notebook where she begins to draw small pictures. I watch her struggle to sketch out a nose for a bit before suggesting, "you should try starting from the tip. That always helps me."

She uses my suggestion and successfully sketches out the base of a nose before giving me a small smile. "Thanks, Adrian."

"No problem," I say. "So you're into art?"

She nods her head, shyly. "Yeah, I've been doing it for a few years now. What about you?"

"I started when I was a little kid," I shoot her a smile. "It's been my passion ever since."

"Is that why you got into architecture?" Alyssa asks me.

"A large part of it, yeah," I nod my head. "It's a great way to keep doing what I love while also maintaining a good source of income."

"Do you only draw?" Willow questions.

"Nope. I draw, paint, and I've also started to get into sculpting a bit as well."

"Aw, I want to get into painting so badly! I'm not very good at it," she pouts, looking down at her sketchbook.

"Just keep practicing. It'll get easier for you," I smile as I hear small footsteps pattering down the steps.

"Mama, what is this for?" Luna asks as he walks into the room with a small pink bottle in his hands.

Alyssa glances at the bottle before looking back down at Willow who's sat in front of her. "It's hair removal cream," she tells him, brushing Willow's curly hair into a ponytail.