1

3 Days Later:

"Is she going to be alright?" a voice asked in the distance.  A throbbing headache.  A high pitched noise, matching the beat to my aching heart.  Another voice in the distance.

"Her injuries are... healing," the voice was hesitant.

"How bad are they?  Is she going to die from them?  Will she remember the accident?"

My heart pounding blood through my veins.  My elbow not being able to move.  A noise in the back of my head, telling me to get up.  My eyelids fluttering.

"Her injuries were critical, but we have helped her as much as we can," the second voice answered.  "And I do not know if she will remember anything.  Proper action will be taken when she wakes up."

A sob.  A blurry ceiling.  Throbbing headache.  More ceiling, except this time there are people.  They are sideways and one is a woman, while the other is a male.  The woman looks about to faint, while the male is trying to comfort her.  Another sob.

"Will she... will she ever be the same?" the woman says in a sob.  The doctor shakes his head and pats the woman on the shoulder.

"No.  But she is still your daughter."

Suddenly the woman is gone and it's only the male.  Emptiness then blackness.  A small hint of light, then blackness again.  A throb in my arm.  Another throb.  A white ceiling and a small splash of color.  Dizziness as I try to get up.  A hand pushing me down, gently.