The Roads We Stay On Ch. 13

Ash's POV

"Anyone want to answer this question?" Professor Kukui asked, pointing to the board.

A hand shot up behind me. "That's a Ditto!" Lillie answered. "They can change their form into anyone or thing that they see." 

"Great job, Lillie." Professor Kukui praised.

I've been here in Alola for 4 weeks now. I go to this school called the Pokemon School on Melemele Island and learn things about pokemon there. There isn't any Pokemon League here, so I really just have fun with my new friends. My mom went home after we gave the egg to Professor Oak's cousin, who just so happened to be the school's principal, Principal Oak. If you want to know where I'm staying, I'm staying at Professor Kukui's house. I now have three pokemon here too. They are Rockruff and Rowlet. Rockruff is very playful and Rowlet sleeps too much. Pikachu is still here with me, so that makes three of them.

After school, I met up with all my new friends right by the school gate.Lillie, Lana, Kaiwe, Mallow, and Sophocles. 

"How about we go to my family's restaurant?" Mallow asked. "We can go and have lunch over there."

"Alright!" I jumped at the mention of lunch. As of on cue, my stomach growled. Everyone, including our pokemon, laughed.

A Few Minutes Later~

We were waiting for our food that Mallow was preparing for us and chatted.

"Hey, did you guys see Hoenn Pokemon Contest in Verdanturf Town?" Lana randomly asked. "My sisters were watching it earlier so I watched it with them. It was really cool!"

My ears perked up. Huh? A Pokemon Contest? Hoenn? Verdanturf? What?

Since there weren't many phones in Hoenn, I couldn't call Serena or anyone else at all. A few days ago I spent my time searching for the Hoenn Pokemon Contests. I already knew what channel it was on so that was easy, but I didn't know when they had one. Serena's to be precise. When I actually found a contest performance, I found out that Serena wasn't I it, much to my disappointment. I wonder what was happening with her.

I stared at Lana intensely. "Was there a person named Serena performing? Or Dawn? Or May? Or Drew?" Ash questioned. (Just realized that I made Serena's new traveling group a whole performing group... Go figure...)

Lana looked at me surprised. "Umm... well, there was a person named Serena and Dawn. The Serena girl ended up winning. I actually really like her!" Lana answered.

"So she has two ribbions now?" I asked.

"No, they said that that ribbion was her third." She said.

Third?! I missed the other one?! I hung my head low.

"How do you know about her Ash?" Kiawe asked.

"Huh?" I said, picking my head up. "Oh, umm, Serena used to be my traveling partner in the Kalos region." I told him.

"You've been to Kalos before?" Sophocles said in awe. "Tell me Ash!" He jumped out of his seat and grabbed my arm. "I heard that there was something called Mega Evolution in that region. Is it true?" He asked, shaking my arm. I sweat dropped.

"Yeah... There is..." I replied slowly.

"Is it like Z Moves?" He asked.

Okay, okay. Before I answer his question, a Z Move is a move that is suuuppper strong. You wear something called a Z ring that holds a Z crystal which activates the move. There are multiple types of Z crystals that go with each type. For example, there are Firium Z, Waterium Z, Grassium Z, Electrium Z (which I have), etc. The moves only work for whatever pokemon is that type.